Hello, I'm visiting relatives in Gatlinburg, TN in early to mid June and wondered if there is any special quilt events going on then, or what shops should I visit.  I've been to the area before, but I would sure welcome any helpful tips.  Thanks & have a super day!

Views: 119

Replies to This Discussion

The East Tennessee Shop Hop is June 6-15.

Thanks,Amy.  I will look that up.  That is right in my time frame.  Have a super day!

You'll definitely want to visit Mountain Stitches by Susan (601 Glades Rd) - it's in the Mountain Mist Village up in the Arts & Crafts area.  It's one of my favorites.  If you take the beautiful drive out to Cosby - you'll find Holloway House - another great shop.  There's also the Cherry Pit (in Sevierville, on the street right by the county courthouse).  Machine Quilting by Iva isn't far from there on the Old Knoxville Highway (don't let the name fool ya' - tons of fabrics!!).  If you continue out the Chapman Highway from Iva's, then turn left at the Walgreens in Seymour, you can get to Pappy's Quilting Place in Maryville - another favorite haunt of mine.  Oh now I've got myself worked up - wish I was going too!  Enjoy!!

Thanks Julie!  I've been to the Holloway House - we pass it on the way in, and I think I've visited Mountain Stitches, too.  I really like the Arts & Crafts area, but the other shops you've mentioned are new to me.  I'll have to add them to my list.  Thanks so much & have a super day!

Jennifer, there is a fairly new quilt shop in Seveirville called Red Barn quilts, small, but nice selection and very friendly.  I think the highway number 441.  Same general area as Cherry Pit and Iva's.

Thanks, Carol.  I'm already back home - I missed that one, but maybe next year.  Have a super day!

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service