Under the Sea 12.5 inch Block swap. Applique only. Hand or machine. swap is now closed to sign ups

This swap is for 12.5 inch blocks APPLIQUE ONLY  with back round colors to match the theme. Shades of blues, turquoise or swirly looking fabrics......whatever looks watery...or interesting.  the back grounds do not have to all be the same and your choice of creatures do not have to be all one color either!!embellishments are allowed but keep them quilt friendly please.  Let's make these more realistic looking and not cartoonish. Sea creatures, sea shells, coral, colorful fish,octopus, dolphin,star fish,jellyfish,clown fish, sand dollars crabs whale.....just to name a few ideas. Whatever you like! You can find ideas on coloring pages magazines and even left over row by row H2o patterns! When you decide what you will make let me know so I can post that.

You will make 16 blocks that are 12.5 inch square unfinished. Send 15 keep one for yourself.

.      swap rules:

Dead line for sign up is when I get 16 swappers. Then it will close.

Blocks are DUE no later than June. 20th. That's 3 1/2 months plenty of time!.  the blocks will be sorted and returned within a week of getting them.

.                              ***********late blocks will be returned to you. ******** we will not wait******

If you sign up and can't make the due date please just say so. That way we can make an extra block for ourselves. 

You must provide a self addressed and stamped return  envelope. It would be advisable to use one that provides tracking and insurance but that's not required. I am not responsible for any lost mail though.

Quality fabrics are required.....no see through fabrics or poor quality.

You must comment on THIS post if you wish to join ( make your intentions clear!)and you MUST  comment and share progress regularly. This way we know you are still with us!! Anyone who does not comment or make communication will be removed from the swap. This is so that we do not get to the end of the swap and get disappointed because someone signed up then forgot about it. 

please " friend me" if you haven't so that i can communicate with you if needed. And send my address.

1. Carla - blue crab - finished

2.chef Lisa - clownfish - RECEIVED - DELIVERED 

3. Connie - dolphin - RECEIVED - DELIVERED

4.Ginny A. - ORCA - RECEIVED - DELIVERED 

5.Jean M. - squid - RECEIVED  -  DELIVERED

6. Wilma -  idol fish - RECEIVED - DELIVERED

7. Mary Anne - sea horse. - RECEIVED - ON HOLD 

8.  Connie - Beta fish - RECEIVED - DELIVERED

9. BETH N. Barracuda - RECEIVED - DELIVERED 

10.Teresa S. - octopus - RECEIVED-DELIVERED 

11. ANNA - turtle -RECEIVED - DELIVERED 

12. KATHY G.- stingray - RECEIVED - DELIVERED

13.Chris M. - jelly fish - RECEIVED - DELIVERED 

14. Cristin M - sea slugs - RECEIVED - DELIVERED

15. kenya H. -  Tang fish. - RECEIVED .- DELIVERED

16. Carla - Angelfish - finished

Started February 27th

Ends June 20th

Views: 6684

Replies to This Discussion

Probably my granddaughters. Haven't really made that decision yet. I did this with Ethelda. We each did one together through messaging. She finished hers first. Lol.

Chris I am excited to announce that your jellyfish made it safe and sound! Omg!;how adorable are those with Thier neon thread? I love them and so will everyone else. ThEl are all equally adorable. It's going to be hard for me to choose.

I am getting even more excited about this quilt!!!!

Me too Jean! Ugh! I just want to work on it so badly. Lol.

Glad they got there safe and sound. I hope everyone likes them. They are much brighter and more colorful in person.

Well I'm getting there. With all this running and take care of family . I am getting there. Should be mail out by Friday to you Carla ;)

Lisa you take care. Sorry to hear that. Praying for your family and you 

I am working on those fish still.  They are taking me some time to get going.  I have all cut up and ready to assemble, and like Carla, I can't find my pressing sheet.  Where did it go?  UGH!  Loosing things at this age is no fun.  I so need to get things organized.  Problem with that is things get moved and then I can't find them again.  Think I am going to invest in a labeling system so things are marked and have to get put back away.  Went to use my glue gun and it is not where it should be either.  Well, lunch will be a fishy time, and I am going to have some tuna. 

I did find my pinking shears so I can do the baracuda teeth. 

Lol.  A friend made a map of her sewing room and says it is a fantastic help.

That is way to funny.  I may need to do that though.

She keeps swearing by it.  My problem is less where is it before a project than where did I just set that down, during the project.  I need multiple scissors and rotary cutters for precisely that fault.

Lololol. I must be in good company at least. I did find my stuff. Remembered where it was about 3a.m. In my sleep.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service