When I was a kid, I loved when we went on road trips because my Dad would always stop at Stuckey's (Restaurant/ Truck Stop) and buy me a snowglobe of the places we had visited.  I had dozens of them at one point in time, but over the years they were lost or broken.  However, I always think about them, even today, whenever I travel somewhere.

Some people associate snowglobes with winter and Christmas time, so this is going to be 2 swaps in one.  You can participate in either one or both, if you like.  Since it will take a little longer for those who might want to do both, you will have until the end of November to get your blocks to me.

SWAP RULES:

Blocks should start out at 13" x 13" so that the receiver can trim them down to 12 1/2" x 12 1/2".

Stuckey's Road Trip blocks can be on any color background, but the globe itself should be a recognizable destination or landmark.  Even though it may not have a name on it, as my sample does, something about the piece should give us an idea of the locale.  (ie. Cablecar - San Francisco,  Grizzle Bear - Yellowstone) It can be where you're from, where you live, or some place you have on your bucket list.

Winter/Christmas block are to be on White or White on white/ off white backgrounds.  The globes can be anything related to winter or Christmas, and the more glitter or sparkly the prints, the better.  Birds, Angels, Santa, Penguins, just about anything.

Make 12 blocks, send in 11, get 11 back.  You can either send a self-addressed, stamped return envelope, or to make it easier, you can send a check for $7.35, and I will send them back to you in a flat-rate envelope.

Stuckey's Road Trip:

1.  Kathy G

2.  Donna R.

3.  Jean M.

Winter/Christmas:

1.  Kathy G.

2.  Judy B.

3.  Judy B.

4.  Jean M.

Views: 150

Replies to This Discussion

Beth, you have until the end of June, if you change your mind.

Hi everyone.  Since everyone is concentrating on catching up on swaps they have already participated in, I have decided to put this swap on the back burner until the fall.  That way everyone will have a chance to catch up on their projects and then maybe they will be ready for this one.  So if you have already signed up for this, just hang onto what you have because they will not be due until after Thanksgiving.  Thanks for your understanding and participation.

Works for me too!  Thanks Kathy!

Okay, Kathy, I am in ... I will do the winter one.  I have a question about the one that you want tied to a locale.  Is a state bird too loose a connection?  No one will necessarily know what state I am depicting, so I am hesitant to sign up for the second swap.  Let me know your opinion, please.

Jean,  I am doing 6 for Georgia and 6 for Florida, which is where I am from originally.  The FL ones are a beach scene, so to let everyone know in is supposed to be Florida, I am going to embroider "Florida" on the base of the snow globe.  I am sure state birds would be welcomed by anyone, but however you want to do it is fine with me.  Like I have said before, this is suppose to be enjoyable, so whatever makes you happy, makes me happy.

Thanks, Kathy.  So, sign me up for one in both categories.  That’s a neat idea to do FL and GA.

That's good for me too, Kathy, since I will be having back surgery on April 29.

Judy-Good Luck with your back surgery.!!

Good wishes for a speedy recovery, Judy.

Thanks so much!  At this time, I also have a broken wrist and foot, so it will be interesting!

Oh, my!  It certainly will be a challenge.  A few years ago, I had a broken bone in my foot and hobbled around for a bit in one of those plastic boots.  That was mainly an inconvenience, but all you have going..!  I truly hope I never face that.  I will be sending you good thoughts. ;-)

Oh Judy, I am so sorry to hear everything you are going through.  I hope you get better real soon.  Getting older sure isn't for sissies.  I just wish someone had warned me sooner so that I could have done a better search for the fountain of youth.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service