Inspiring Quilters, Stitch by Stitch
This will be snowmen and or snowpeople only with wintery backgrounds, snowcovered trees & houses,birds or anything wintery as long as there is a snowman in it somewhere. Scenes are fine if you like.
*******This swap is WINTER THEMED ...NOT CHRISTMAS THEMED.
*Blocks do not have to be complicated, just fun.
Applique, pieced or embroidered are welcomed.
* 12.5 x 12.5 - you may want to cut them at 13x13 so they can be trimmed later.
DEAD LINE IS DECEMBER 1ST.
* deadlines are firm!
* blocks must be in my hands by or before that date.
* late blocks will be returned to you untraded.
* If for any reason you can't not complete your blocks please feel free to drop out but please let us know so we can attempt to fill your spot.
* please use quality fabric that is not thin or see through.
* it is perfectly acceptable to use fabric pens for eye, mouth and for detail in your blocks! Keep other embellishments to a minimum for quilting purposes.
*You will provide a self addressed and stamped return envelope along with your blocks. You will be responsible for making sure you include enough postage.
*You will need to comment regularly once a week or so, so I know you are still interested. If you don't I will assume you are no longer interested and remove you from the swap.
1. Carla - finished
2. Kenya - REC. Del 12-5
3. Jean. -REC. Del. 12-7
4. Chris - REC. - Del. 12-7
5. Connie - REC. Del. 12-7
6. Beth - REC. Del. 12-6
7. Anna - REC. 12-8
8. Wilma - REC 12-7
9. Sharon G. - REC. Del. 12 -8
10.Mary Anne - REC. 12- 6 Del. 12 - 12
11. Lisa - REC Del. 12-8
12. Cheryl Laughlin - REC. - Del. 12- 7
Swap started :July 21st
Ends on December 1st.
Thanks, Wilma and Carla. I will let Cristin know you like the snowcat. It was fun. Carla, I am so happy you made your dil that quilt. I think it’s a fun way to set a quilt when you want more that a traditional setting. I plan to use this as a wall hanging. It is 66” x 60”, but not too big for my living room’s quilt rail.
I will do mine like this too since after making my dil hers i wanted one as well!! No since in making new snowmen when i have perfectly good ones to do something with!!
How fun would it be if everyone did something similar using your own fabrics, block and strip sizes and color ideas!
Jean it also busts some scraps too!!! How great is that??
It did use some scraps. I made hubby a fox quilt with (Elizabeth Hartman’s block and my setting) that was all plaids and checks. Now I have less plaids, but enough for a chicken quilt if I ever get through the 81+ projects. ;-)
Well you busted this out pretty quickly! Gives me hope for our FiUp for 2019!
Me, too. Today's accomplishment was a binding, but I don't think it got counted in the hoard of ufos.
Every step forward is an accomplishment!