This will be snowmen and or snowpeople only with wintery backgrounds, snowcovered trees & houses,birds or anything wintery as long as there is a snowman in it somewhere. Scenes are fine if you like.

*******This swap is WINTER THEMED ...NOT CHRISTMAS THEMED.

*Blocks do not have to be complicated, just fun.

Applique, pieced or embroidered are welcomed. 

* 12.5 x 12.5 - you may want to cut them at 13x13 so they can be trimmed later.

Rules:

DEAD LINE IS DECEMBER 1ST. 

* deadlines are firm!

* blocks must be in my hands by or before that date.

* late blocks will be returned to you untraded.

* If for any reason you can't not complete your blocks please feel free to drop out but please let us know so we can attempt to fill your spot.

* please use quality fabric that is not thin or see through. 

* it is perfectly acceptable to use fabric pens for eye, mouth and for detail in  your blocks! Keep other embellishments to a minimum for quilting purposes.

*You will provide a self addressed and stamped return envelope along with your blocks. You will be responsible for making sure you include enough postage.

*You will need to comment regularly  once a week or so, so I know you are still interested. If you don't I will assume you are no longer interested and remove you from the swap.

1. Carla - finished

2. Kenya - REC. Del 12-5

3. Jean. -REC.  Del. 12-7

4. Chris - REC. - Del. 12-7

5. Connie - REC. Del. 12-7

6. Beth - REC. Del. 12-6

7. Anna - REC. 12-8

8. Wilma - REC 12-7

9. Sharon G. -  REC. Del. 12 -8

10.Mary Anne - REC. 12- 6 ???? 

11. Lisa - REC Del. 12-8

12. Cheryl Laughlin -  REC. - Del. 12- 7

Swap started :July 21st

Ends on December 1st.

Views: 4593

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, Wilma, so sorry.  You know, I hope, that one and all of us could be the next to "dump".  Trouble has a way of spreading itself out.  Some get more than their fair share, but we all get some and we all need each other to listen and care.  I am glad you and all the rest of our swapping friends are here for each other.  And I am so glad to have a passion to fill the good and bad days.  It makes a lot of difference.

Girl we all need to do that. 

Oh Wilma I’m so sorry. Yes aging is not fun. It’s been 6 mo for my mom n even though she can walk she still falls n they have carpet. 

I am so sorry Wilma. I pray for you to have strength and patience to get through this troubling time. Aging parents are so difficult. It requires us to switch the role we grew up with and become the parent. Prayers for you my friend. 

So sorry, Wilma! Praying for you and your Husb. for strength, patience, and the memories of the loving woman she was to help you through this. Switching roles with our parents is a part of life that I don't think any of us were prepared for. 

I am working on my blocks this week.  Fusible is all traced.  My question is this:  How do I stop the background from coming thru?  I have a navy snowflake background with white snow couple.  I have not fused them down on the background yet.  I could probably find something else, but wanted to use a night stroll theme.  Help please.

Another thought that might work, would anyone be apposed to me using cuddle fabric instead of cotton for my snow couple?  It would create a little dimension, but not much. 

I do not mind. I think it would be cute. You could still quilt over it and it wouldn’t cause a problem. :). I vote yes 

Fine with me. If you think it will work then i'm sure it will.

Okay by me, Beth.

I will make one up and see how it looks than, hopefully tonight.  Will post a photo so you can see the difference.  I quilt with cuddle all the time and it is very pliable.  Love it for backs for sure.

We have several blocks that will have a little dimension in them so that would fit.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service