This will be snowmen and or snowpeople only with wintery backgrounds, snowcovered trees & houses,birds or anything wintery as long as there is a snowman in it somewhere. Scenes are fine if you like.

*******This swap is WINTER THEMED ...NOT CHRISTMAS THEMED.

*Blocks do not have to be complicated, just fun.

Applique, pieced or embroidered are welcomed. 

* 12.5 x 12.5 - you may want to cut them at 13x13 so they can be trimmed later.

Rules:

DEAD LINE IS DECEMBER 1ST. 

* deadlines are firm!

* blocks must be in my hands by or before that date.

* late blocks will be returned to you untraded.

* If for any reason you can't not complete your blocks please feel free to drop out but please let us know so we can attempt to fill your spot.

* please use quality fabric that is not thin or see through. 

* it is perfectly acceptable to use fabric pens for eye, mouth and for detail in  your blocks! Keep other embellishments to a minimum for quilting purposes.

*You will provide a self addressed and stamped return envelope along with your blocks. You will be responsible for making sure you include enough postage.

*You will need to comment regularly  once a week or so, so I know you are still interested. If you don't I will assume you are no longer interested and remove you from the swap.

1. Carla - finished

2. Kenya

3. Jean. -REC.

4. Chris

5. Connie

6. Beth

7. Anna - REC.

8. Wilma

9. Sharon G.

10.Mary Anne

11. Lisa 

12. Cheryl Laughlin 

Swap started :July 21st

Views: 2233

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. All we can do is wait and see now. 

Yes.............the snowmen are all done - just have to iron on some fusible to keep all the stitches in tact so that quilting will be easier.  Will try and take a group shot of these guys tomorrow in daylight.  Happy me.......and now I can think about packing it all up next week for our trip south for the winter.

My brothers house is in Port St Joe and I just saw a video it is just not good. He won’t be able to get there the roads are washed out from an 8’ storm surge and 115 mph winds. It took him 6 hrs to get to his house in Tallahassee from all the trees down. 

There are some towns that are so displaced. It looked like the mess that Catrina left behind. What a mess! I feel for these people. 

Oh the devastation is unbelievable.  Cannot imagine how difficult it will be for all those people.  I just hope the folks that stayed behind are all okay.

On a better note: I finished my floor tonight! I’m so relieved. My kitchen is functioning great working space. I’m organizing n purging unwanted/useless items. My boys will get cantilever this weekend then I might have working lights over my work space. My island is 5’ x 12’ and one of my quilting friends stopped in and said that will be a great space for my quilts to layout! I never thought of that it would be! Not sure I will. 

You will have to take a picture.  My island is small but I use it for cutting since I don’t have a dedicated sewing room.

I  didn’t realize how big till they installed it. 

The pictures just don’t do show how large it really is. It sure is nice and open and a perfect space now. My girlfriend came over and fell in love with it. She has a huge kitchen but just loves mine. 

Lisa, add me to the list of those who love your kitchen.  I don’t envy you what it cost you in hours, sweat and tears, but it is gorgeous.  Thanks for sharing on mqp.

Awe thanks Jean. It is a great space so worth the effort. Now I get the final grout on floor get floor boards on n furniture put where it’s suppose to go! I emptied about 10 boxes some of the dishes are waiting for my floating shelves.  to 

Yay. I’m so happy for you :)

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service