Inspiring Quilters, Stitch by Stitch
This will be snowmen and or snowpeople only with wintery backgrounds, snowcovered trees & houses,birds or anything wintery as long as there is a snowman in it somewhere. Scenes are fine if you like.
*******This swap is WINTER THEMED ...NOT CHRISTMAS THEMED.
*Blocks do not have to be complicated, just fun.
Applique, pieced or embroidered are welcomed.
* 12.5 x 12.5 - you may want to cut them at 13x13 so they can be trimmed later.
DEAD LINE IS DECEMBER 1ST.
* deadlines are firm!
* blocks must be in my hands by or before that date.
* late blocks will be returned to you untraded.
* If for any reason you can't not complete your blocks please feel free to drop out but please let us know so we can attempt to fill your spot.
* please use quality fabric that is not thin or see through.
* it is perfectly acceptable to use fabric pens for eye, mouth and for detail in your blocks! Keep other embellishments to a minimum for quilting purposes.
*You will provide a self addressed and stamped return envelope along with your blocks. You will be responsible for making sure you include enough postage.
*You will need to comment regularly once a week or so, so I know you are still interested. If you don't I will assume you are no longer interested and remove you from the swap.
1. Carla - finished
2. Kenya - REC. Del 12-5
3. Jean. -REC. Del. 12-7
4. Chris - REC. - Del. 12-7
5. Connie - REC. Del. 12-7
6. Beth - REC. Del. 12-6
7. Anna - REC. 12-8
8. Wilma - REC 12-7
9. Sharon G. - REC. Del. 12 -8
10.Mary Anne - REC. 12- 6 ????
11. Lisa - REC Del. 12-8
12. Cheryl Laughlin - REC. - Del. 12- 7
Swap started :July 21st
Ends on December 1st.
Oh yay!! Tell me something please. When you say you are going to draft it out does this mean you are going to change it up to suit your likes or ?? Just wondered.
Yes it’s a Florida snowman! I started picking fabrics got some pieces started so I’ll post picture as so as I get one done. As much as I’d like to do it all by hand I still need to get my house back in order. Countertop guy coming today.
Hope this isn’t a spoiler.
Can’t wait to see. I have a friend who collects snowmen and spends her summers in SC. One year for Christmas I found a Christmas tree ornament that was a “snowman” who looked like it was made of sand and ready for the beach. I loved giving that.
can't wait to see it......................
What a pretty quilt, Chris. That shade of pink is a delight. Her name is going to be Cadence - that’s pretty, too.
Thank you Jean.
Very pretty Chris!
This is really a cute quilt. Some lucky child and to be honorary grandparents too.
What a cool baby girl quilt, Chris! Dad a hunter? Took me a little bit to identify the deer head silhouette. Pink camo...so cute!