Let’s do a block to “remember” this interesting period of time in our lives.  A neighborhood filled with trees and houses in memory of our lockdown.  We would use permanent ink or embroidery to label your house with your name and state (also city if you like).

Use the FatCatPattern “Backyard Friends” ... all patterns on sale at their website 30% off with coupon code TEXAS til June 1.  Or use any Applique house / tree pattern that is 6-1/2w x 9-1/2h or 13w x 9-1/2h.  We will use a light background, but use your scraps for the trees or house.

The picture below is a finished quilt using this pattern.

UPDATED INFORMATION... Any light background color (white, cream, tone-on-tone, light blue), add windows, doors, hearts, etc. and any style house you desire (applique, embroidered or paper pieced), just stick to either of above sizes, please add extra 1/4” around to allow for true-up by quilter.

Here are links from the I Spy Swap meant for this swap.

https://patchworkplus-quilting.com/cloud-blue-mini-dot-sorbet-from-qt-fabrics.html?utm_source=Googleshopping&utm_campaign=Googleshopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuu-x5qXD6QIVUNbACh3VmA3iEAQYBCABEgLOpPD_BwE

http://qtfabrics.com/fabrics/fabric-detail.asp?u=016542727084

DUE DATE:  September 15 to Hostess (send me a message for address if you don’t have it.  
Make sure you include a self-addressed, stamped return envelope.

1.  Wilma Schirra-Kays

2.  Wilma Schirra-Kays

3,  Jean McCusker...received 8-26-20...mailed #9114 9999 4431 3036 7047 27

4. Jean McCusker...received 8-26-20

5.  Annie Lage..Dropped, no response

6.  Connie Wilkerson...received 7-10-20...mailed #9114 9014 9645 1206 2385 95

7.  Melanie Kieth....received 9-11-20...mailed #9505 5100 5533 0262 8844 43

Views: 1005

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Me too. I already finished one COVID quilt this year. I called it Fly Away COVID 2020. 

Great name for a quilt.  This has been such an odd year, but all I read says next year may be the same.  Our heart doctor says we have to get through the winter and the regular flu season.  Keep wearing those masks and stay safe.

Yes, indeed!

What was the quilt like Connie?  Any special block?

Me too.  I may need to add more houses to make a nice quilt...using scraps up.

This is it the next post I’ll show you an up close of the fabric

Attachments:

Very cute quilt.  We have another great nephew due in March.  Trying to think of a cute quilt for him.  Like yours, and the colors.

Very clever & cute, Connie.  Thanks for showing it to us.  I like the close up of the fabric, too.  Perfect fabric!

It looks like the COVID virus image they use

Attachments:

Yep, that looks like the virus.  I have the files for the house you made, thinking of making a few more houses and trees of different types.  Also have 2 of the Anita Good house quilts, maybe I will put some of those designs in it.  Like this fabric.

Yay!!!  The houses and trees and fountain and bench are perfectly adorable.   Thanks so very much.  We may have been a very small group, but dang! we do great work.  I am definitely going to make my quilt bigger.  These are too precious to consign to a wall hanging!  I just love them.

And, Wilma, thanks again for finding such a cute pattern and hosting this swap.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service