This swap is for (12) 12 1/2" blocks of any type of heart/s.  (You need to start with a 13" x 13" piece of fabric) 

We are looking for bright, unusual, colorful bohemian type hearts.  They can be patchwork, pieced, applique, embroidery, whatever you like.  Just make sure that the heart is centered on the block.  The heart can be any size.  They can be embellished with lace, rick-rack, or anything else as long as it can be sewn through when quilted.  When sewing is completed, you will cut the blocks in half and send in 6 rights and 6 lefts.  You will get back 6 rights and 6 lefts.  These you will then sew to the 6 rights and 6 lefts that you kept.  You end up with 12 blocks, half with your heart and half with the other participants.

We are looking for blocks that represent you.  Maybe you have horses, and your blocks all have horse fabrics, or maybe you are a Star Trek fan, or you love jigsaw puzzles and you do crazy block hearts.  It is all up to you.

The standard swap parameters apply of course.  And don't forget to send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to get your return blocks.

Blocks will be due to me by February 8th.  (Just in time for Valentine's Day)

If you have any questions, just let me know.  Thanks, Kathy G.

1.  Kathy G. (received)

2.  Ginny A. (received) NA

3.  Jean M.  (received)  9405 5036 9930 0417 5797 85

4.  Donna R. (received) NA

5.  Wilma S. (received)  9114 9999 4431 3036 6976 78

6.  Beth N. (received)  NA

7.  Lisa G.  (received)  NA

8.  Melanie K.  (received) 9405 5036 9930 0417 5797 78

Views: 1841

Replies to This Discussion

Love that story, Ginny.  Was life simpler before or after phones and tablets had cameras?  I guess after because we can get advice from far-away friends, but sometimes I wonder.  On another note, only we quilters have stacks of quilts in various stages of completion on flat surfaces and even walls.  Maybe you have to love chaos, at least a little, to be creative.

Hi Ginny,

row2 column 2 right side

row4 column 3 left side

For anyone else who is interested - mine are all on bold pink background and hearts are from Alice in Wonderland collection.

and I love the story too.  Love the borders too.  I may use that on one of my toppers.

My blocks are all shown on Page 17 before I cut them in half.  Forgot to label them, must be my age “forgetfulness”....see 2 here....bottom left (left) and 3rd row center (right).

Ginny, very nice job.  I hope to start having more ME time after grandson #4 graduates in June.

what is he graduating from Wilma?

Grandson #4, is graduating from HS with honors.  Last night we attended his farewell concert.  He plays bass in the Symphony Orchestra at his HS.  It was amazing to watch these kids play the entire score from West Side Story.  It was 24 minutes of unstop play.  I recorded the entire thing.  We are going again tonight.  Once home I will have it put on a CD for my son and DIL.  This is my younger son’s child.  My son graduated from police academy with all honors, so I think he gets it from him.  His brother is in Jr High, but really is into sports.

When he graduates he will have completed 36 college credits in addition to his required courses for HS.  He will also graduate with an international baccalaureate (never heard of it, although from friend has) as well as his HS diploma.  He is my brainiac grandson.  He wants to be a mechanical engineer.  The other 3 grandsons (older son has 4 boys) are either into motorcycle racing or set building for movies and not interested in pursuing a degree.  Still have 2 left in Jr. High so will see what they decide to do.  The youngest grandsons are 6 months apart...both of my sons had babies in 2005.

Wow.   Congrats!  You must all be proud.  

And I wish I could be there for Westside Story.  You would be embarrassed, though, as I would have a hard time not singing along.  Lol.

My only grandchild was born when I was sixty, so if I last till he graduates, I may be too old to attend.

We were all in tears last night.  They were fantastic.  We all said they were better than Thursday night.  I just cannot imagine sitting under those stage lights playing for 24 min straight.  And, yes, we all wanted to sing.  Today we had breakfast and dinner with the boys and played cards.  I was 46 when my first grandson was born...he will be 29 this month.  The others will be 25, 21, 18, 14 and 14.  

You are very blessed!

Thank you, Wilma. I have one of yours! 

Actually you have 2.  

You're right! I see that now!

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service