This swap is for (12) 12 1/2" blocks of any type of heart/s.  (You need to start with a 13" x 13" piece of fabric) 

We are looking for bright, unusual, colorful bohemian type hearts.  They can be patchwork, pieced, applique, embroidery, whatever you like.  Just make sure that the heart is centered on the block.  The heart can be any size.  They can be embellished with lace, rick-rack, or anything else as long as it can be sewn through when quilted.  When sewing is completed, you will cut the blocks in half and send in 6 rights and 6 lefts.  You will get back 6 rights and 6 lefts.  These you will then sew to the 6 rights and 6 lefts that you kept.  You end up with 12 blocks, half with your heart and half with the other participants.

We are looking for blocks that represent you.  Maybe you have horses, and your blocks all have horse fabrics, or maybe you are a Star Trek fan, or you love jigsaw puzzles and you do crazy block hearts.  It is all up to you.

The standard swap parameters apply of course.  And don't forget to send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to get your return blocks.

Blocks will be due to me by February 8th.  (Just in time for Valentine's Day)

If you have any questions, just let me know.  Thanks, Kathy G.

1.  Kathy G. (received)

2.  Ginny A. (received) NA

3.  Jean M.  (received)  9405 5036 9930 0417 5797 85

4.  Donna R. (received) NA

5.  Wilma S. (received)  9114 9999 4431 3036 6976 78

6.  Beth N. (received)  NA

7.  Lisa G.  (received)  NA

8.  Melanie K.  (received) 9405 5036 9930 0417 5797 78

Views: 1948

Replies to This Discussion

I do not have much in the way of embellishments. Sooo...I guess you can say my hearts are embellished with detail. I will post when I have them all completed. Sure hope they are okay with you gals! I have been stressing about this bloomin' things and even dreaming about hearts! Anyone else?! 

I am sure we will love them, Ginny.  Although I didn’t have nightmares about hearts, I worried, too.  Please relax...this will be fun quilts for all us “heart breakers.”  

BTW- everyone's hearts are so pretty! 

Wilma - heart blocks are not a priority in the big scheme of things and I echo everyone else. Take care of your mom and you! 

Thank you, Jean! That helps a little bit. 

I’ll be working on mine today n tomorrow it’s a bit cool for me. 

With the windchill, it feels like -16 today and it is going down further as the day progresses.  I still haven’t sent my hearts.  When I am out they were forgotten and then it’s too cold to go.  

Wooheee!   9 blocks done!  Need to find some gold trim for 2 and then I will finish it up....

Stay in and stay warm.  It's snowing snowball size flakes here!

Fun!

Hello everyone, sorry I have not been home for the last few weeks.  I went to Florida to visit some of my relatives and actually got a chance to meet Chef Lisa while I was there.  What a wonderful fellow quilter she is.  Her talents are inspiring. Not only is she a world class chef, and an award winning quilter, but she also does other amazing crafts such as acrylic pourings.  After a wonderful lunch she invited me to her home to see some of her work, and then gave me one to take home.  It was one of the most enjoyable days with the girls that I have had.  Now that I have goofed off long enough, I have got to finish up my hearts.  It's a terrible example to be the host of a swap if I don't finish in time.  Don't worry, I will.  My address, in case you need it is 810 Pebble Place, Loganville, GA 30052

Thanks for being patient with me.

Sounds like you had great fun.  Hope you saw my post that I will be a few days late.  We are now in South Carolina destressing.  Talked to my sister and mom has managed to fall twice since we have been gone.  So sad to watch her decline, but thankfully she has not caused any more damage to herself, just bumps on butt.

Glad you’re de-stressing.  Thanks for the update.

My package left yesterday, Kathy.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service