This swap is for (12) 12 1/2" blocks of any type of heart/s.  (You need to start with a 13" x 13" piece of fabric) 

We are looking for bright, unusual, colorful bohemian type hearts.  They can be patchwork, pieced, applique, embroidery, whatever you like.  Just make sure that the heart is centered on the block.  The heart can be any size.  They can be embellished with lace, rick-rack, or anything else as long as it can be sewn through when quilted.  When sewing is completed, you will cut the blocks in half and send in 6 rights and 6 lefts.  You will get back 6 rights and 6 lefts.  These you will then sew to the 6 rights and 6 lefts that you kept.  You end up with 12 blocks, half with your heart and half with the other participants.

We are looking for blocks that represent you.  Maybe you have horses, and your blocks all have horse fabrics, or maybe you are a Star Trek fan, or you love jigsaw puzzles and you do crazy block hearts.  It is all up to you.

The standard swap parameters apply of course.  And don't forget to send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to get your return blocks.

Blocks will be due to me by February 8th.  (Just in time for Valentine's Day)

If you have any questions, just let me know.  Thanks, Kathy G.

1.  Kathy G.

2.  Ginny A.

3.  Jean M.

4.  Donna R.

5.  Wilma S.

6.  Beth N.

7.  Lisa G.

Views: 380

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think we know what we're doing.  Lol.  Kathy is trying to drum up additional participants.  I'm hoping we are cutting them.  We'll have to make our preferences known and see what Kathy wants to do.  Want to trade separately, if the rest don't want to?

Hi Ginny, from what I have read, we are cutting in half.  And like you commented, they need to be 13” before the middle is split so they can finish at 12-1/2”.  I had to pick up some background fabric for pumpkin patch and snowman swaps.  So, of course, I picked up some Tula pink fat quarters.  Will see how they fit in for this swap.  

Well, if we are taking a vote, I vote CUT! 

That’s two for cutting.  Here’s today’s effort.

And here’s the last one from yesterday. 

I think we are worrying way too much about a speedy sign-up. There are a lot of swaps in the works right now. This one is not due until Jan 2019. It is summer, vacations and lots of stuff is happening. My personal opinion is leave the swap in it's original format and give it some time. If we can, we should show  some more examples, if possible.Yes, a lot of the swaps filled up and closed very fast. That doesn't have to happen with every swap. Kathy, if you are in touch with any of the gals who made one of this style of quilt, maybe one of them has a quilt image to share and give the girls an idea of the possibilities. 

Oh! Something else I thought of (with a little help from my friend, Beth!) These blocks, if cut need to be 13" in order for them to finish at 12 1/2". When we cut them in half and then sew them back together, we will loose that 1/2". 

I am wishing I had cut my background at 14" rather than 13.  If you are slightly off at all (and, of course, I am) then there is no space to make adjustments. :-0.   I am thinking I will need to figure which is the best half and send those and then try to gerryrig the other sides on my own quilt.  So, save yourselves that headache (or should I say "heartache") and allow plenty of spare room.

I like your headache-heartache play on words!!

Thanks, Donna.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service