There has been some interest in doing a dress block swap. There will be a maximum of 12 participants. Each person will do a dress block representative of their birth month for example, if you were born in July, a patriotic themed dress etc. if there are duplicate months you must willing to switch to a month that is not represented. Your finished block size needs to be 12 1/2 inches. If you would like to participate, please respond to this bread by saying "I'm in!" First 11 responses will be the participants. Blocks will be due to me by May 31. Looking forward to seeing the months!

Below are the months that are already been spoken for.  I am flexible to change my month, so if you want to join, say I'm in and the month you would like of the remaining choices.  First come first served!

January Kathy Gurgone

February Kenya Hampton

March Vicki Bujnak

April Carla J Walton

May Mary-Anne Buist

June Connie Wilkerson

July Wilma Schirra-Kays

August Beth A North

September Jean McCusker

October Mary Aldrich

November Chris Michelle

December Cristin McCusker

Views: 2547

Replies to This Discussion

Beth, do you need some chile pepper and flames fabric? LOLOLOL our month is so hot!

That is a thought.

I would like to be in here on this one. I am a November birthday.

Vicki, you should list the months and put a name by each that is taken already. that would help I think. and we need specs on the background...maybe a neutral this time? like cream?

i'm in. my birth month is August like Beth's  but I would do April.

Thought we had like mindness.

I want in. I'm November.
I could do a different month just let me know

Here is an example of what I am thinking for my blocks. I won't be making them all from the same fabrics, as I am using stuff from my fat quarters in my stash. This one is 10x7 so I will need to add background and maybe sashing??? Thoughts...

I love this :))

Here it is if I add extra background strips to make it 12 1/2 square. Is this ok?

it's absolutely perfect Chris. the extra room just gives us a place to ''play".

This is so cute. I have the paper pieced pattern from the Splendid Sampler. I will try it when I get home.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service