Birds remind us that Spring is almost here. Let’s do a 12” block that incorporates a Bird/Birds. It can be any bird you want, make all the same for as many as we have participating. Opening for 12 spots

You will make 12 - 12” bird blocks that will be sent to me on or before April 18. Send blocks with a return self addressed stamped envelope. I will message my address to those who don’t already have it. It must be constructed of quality fabric. It can be done in any method you desire. The background can be what fits with your bird - if you have a Cardinal in winter on a snowy tree branch or bird getting a worm on a spring grassy area. Just remember the bird is the focal point.

You must post your progress on this discussion page.

RULE: you must Post progress or you could loose your spot in the exchange. We have created a great group from our block exchanges in the past. Several have created some wonderful works of art. If you are having troubles you can message me or Carla and/or post on the page and one or several may be able to help let’s make this fun again!

1. Chef - Pelican*
  2. Carla - Hummingbird*
  3. Connie - Robin*
  4. Mary Anne - Canadian Goose*
  5. Beth - Chickadee, Meadowlark 
  6. Jean - Flamingo or roadrunner*
  7. Wilma - Shabby Chic Birdcage*
  8. Gail - Oreo*
  9. Rosemary Martens*
  10. Kathy - Owl*
  11. Gail C *
  12. Delphine - Peacock*

Views: 3589

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Gayle.  BTW, one of my CT friends loves your roadrunner. It 

oh my gosh that is beautiful!

I am impressed and I love what you have done.  Showed my hubby the picture and his comment was “OMG it is gorgeous” followed by “ when are you doing yours!”  It is very nice and I was able to enlarge the picture enough to see the border.  Great job.

Of course you can use name on the quilt.  I still have to do the label for the dress quilt....have all the names on a piece of paper.  I have been thinking about what to do to fill in, have an AnitaGood birds disc.  Maybe I will pick out a few birds from places I have been and add them in as embroidered pieces.  I do have a panel with some birds, but need to look at them first.

Thanks so much, Wilma,  It’s a pleasure being an inspiration.  You could try looking up that quilt shop in Parkersburg.  The gals there were especially friendly.

I put my butterfly on a single flower at the bottom ( Ginny quilt) but she turned that flower into a bunch of flowers with leaves. Genius. I want to box mine up and send them to Ginny to make the same quilt. I love it

Lol. I may do something similar in your honor Ginny. 

OMGoodness! I would be honored to have any of you do something similar. All of you have the creativeness to do something the same and probably better! You are much quicker at making things, Carla. If you want it anytime soon, I would say you should give it a whirl yourself. LOL

Lololololol. Well hey it was worth a shot. Bahahaha. But yeah, seriously I may try it or similar.

I thought she was a genius when she put that together she has inspired us to step it up. I know I will! Thanks Ginny

i have an art piece of a Macaw that I want to incorporate into our blocks so I’ll try some cool layouts that will work for our birds. 

Can't wait to see what you do, Chef!

Looking forward to seeing that, Lisa.

Carla I’m hoping for the best for Ethelda 

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service