Inspiring Quilters, Stitch by Stitch
This swap will be for reproduction fabrics. You can use civil war or 30’s fabrics. I personally have way to many 30’s fabrics around that want to be a quilt.
Make the blocks 121/2 inch square pieced (Not appliqué). 12 1/2 inch finishes to 12 inch
Please use a solid slightly off white background. I am using Kona Snow. It’s not expensive and pairs wonderfully with these fabrics.
Make as many blocks as the number of swappers we have. I’m going for 12 to 16
When finished you will mail all of your blocks but the one you keep for yourself to me and I will shuffle them all up and mail them back to you.
When you mail them in please enclose a self addressed stamped envelope for me to mail it back to you.
I don’t want this to drag out as summer will be here before we know it so the deadline for sign up is
January 31st and blocks due back to me on March 15th.
this will be fun. Just comment below and I will add you to the list :))
1. Connie Wilkerson - 30’s fabric - Double Pinwheel - received
2. Jean McCusker - 30’s fabric - Ohio Star- Received
3. Jean McCusker - Civil War fabric - Ohio Star - Received
4. Chris Michelle - Basket Block - Received
5. Jackie Baker - Civil War fabric - Friendship Star - received
6. Beth North - 30’s fabric - Brasstown Star - received
7. Beth North - Civil War fabric - Brasstown Star - received
8. Noelle Chase - 30’s fabric - Jam Stars
9. Wilma Schirra-Kays - Duck Tracks - received
10. Connie Wilkerson - Civil War fabric - Eccentric Star. - received
11. Mystery Swapper (Carla) - 30’s fabric - Hope of Hartford - Received
12. Mystery Swapper (Carla) - Civil War fabric - Shooting Star - Received
I am in, Connie. I will do Ohio Star blocks. I have loads of Civil War fabric, but the cheery 30’s fabric is just right as we hope for spring.
Ok cool. Got you down.
Thanks. Bought my Kona Snow.
I am in too! I am not sure what we are planning here. I have more red/green/brown/pink civil war prints. I don't know if they would really go well with 30's fabrics. Are we doing different color schemes for each person or trying to make them all match?
I will be making some kind of paper pieced star block. I haven't decided which one yet, but it will be awesome...trust me!
Oooh...you do fabulous paper piecing. I trust you.
Chris, I do’t know what Connie is going to say, but I would be perfectly happy to make your block with Jo Morton and to receive your block with Jo Morton. I love her fabric and will definitely be pleased to add your block in a wall hanging or such. So it is fine with me if I end up with a 30’s wall hanging and a Jo one, too.
I guess we can do whatever we want to do lol. The pinks, bright reds and light greens will definitely work with all of the 30’s fabrics.
I am so glad there’s another swap. I am enjoying myself already. I know I still have WIP’s, but this is such fun and I have been missing it.
I agree. I make baby quilts all the time for a charity but want to change things up once in a while.
Every Friday afternoon I make quilts for cancer patients. And I sometimes spend two Mondays a month helping Seniors make charity quilts. But I still need time to be creative beyond the confines of those quilts.