Inspiring Quilters, Stitch by Stitch
This swap will be for reproduction fabrics. You can use civil war or 30’s fabrics. I personally have way to many 30’s fabrics around that want to be a quilt.
Make the blocks 121/2 inch square pieced (Not appliqué). 12 1/2 inch finishes to 12 inch
Please use a solid slightly off white background. I am using Kona Snow. It’s not expensive and pairs wonderfully with these fabrics.
Make as many blocks as the number of swappers we have. I’m going for 12 to 16
When finished you will mail all of your blocks but the one you keep for yourself to me and I will shuffle them all up and mail them back to you.
When you mail them in please enclose a self addressed stamped envelope for me to mail it back to you.
I don’t want this to drag out as summer will be here before we know it so the deadline for sign up is
January 31st and blocks due back to me on March 15th.
this will be fun. Just comment below and I will add you to the list :))
1. Connie Wilkerson - 30’s fabric - Double Pinwheel - received
2. Jean McCusker - 30’s fabric - Ohio Star- Received
3. Jean McCusker - Civil War fabric - Ohio Star - Received
4. Chris Michelle - Basket Block - Received
5. Jackie Baker - Civil War fabric - Friendship Star - received
6. Beth North - 30’s fabric - Brasstown Star - received
7. Beth North - Civil War fabric - Brasstown Star - received
8. Noelle Chase - 30’s fabric - Jam Stars
9. Wilma Schirra-Kays - Duck Tracks - received
10. Connie Wilkerson - Civil War fabric - Eccentric Star. - received
11. Mystery Swapper (Carla) - 30’s fabric - Hope of Hartford - Received
12. Mystery Swapper (Carla) - Civil War fabric - Shooting Star - Received
Hey there Let’s make 12 each and send 11 to me. I will make some extra to get us to 12.
Send a message to me and I will send you my address I have a P. O. Box now. :)
I am going g to do the friendship star
I am seeing stars for sure. LOL
Jean, I received your beautiful blocks in the mail today along with a little surprise. Thank you.
Thank you, Connie. I have enjoyed this swap!
I love basket blocks
Love it :)
That is gorgeous Chris!
With Connies permission i snuck in here late to help fill empty spots. I wasn't sure i could do it with all i had going on but i got just ahead enough to make some blocks.
Spinning star ( clays choice) for civil war and hope of hartford for 30 's .
I am trying to post a picture of my finished civil war blocks but for some reason can't and i am halfway done with the 30"s blocks too.