WELCOME TO THE 2019 BLOCK BUSTERS FIUP CHALLENGE!

This challenge will last all of 2019!!! It will be broken into 4 quarters :

FIRST QUARTER :JAN. - MARCH

Carla - quilt valentines quilt top and one other swap block  top either pumpkins or Christmas. *Finish the Snowman blocks into a top. 

Jean - quilt Under The Sea top.

Anna 

Mary anne -* snowman blocks into runners.

Connie - finish quiltalong , snowpeople swap. 

Wilma  - snowmen and Christmas blocks. ** 

Kathy 

Beth

Chris - 

Lisa

Carri - *

Melanie K. Sgt peppers, tourquoise and choice of  swap block 

SECOND QUARTER: APRIL - JUNE

THIRD QUARTER:JULY - SEPT.

FOURTH QUARTER: OCTOBER -DEC.

This challenge will have ZERO swapping in it. It is strictly created to try to get some finishes on our swap blocks!  You may join in at any time and you can finish any number of quilts  or other projects you wish in each quarter but the hope is to complete at least one each quarter! 

Here is how it works:

*make goals!! Be willing to post your goals each quarter and do your best to follow through! 

* choose your blocks for the quarter! It can be blocks we have swapped or even ones you have just had setting around forever! 

* be prepared!  Whether it is scrappy or perfectly chosen have it ready to go. Choose a setting! 

*share ideas to help others move forward! Sometimes the hardest part of this is deciding on a setting. Let's help each other by sharing ideas!

* be prepared to post progress and hopefully pictures if you are able! 

* the main goal is to get all the way to a finished quilt!! Binding and all! Or if you prefer you may use the blocks to complete some other project such as table runners, place settings or bed runners. 

But even if you are only able to get to the quilt top stage at least it's not a pile of blocks!!

************** HAVE FUN!! *************

This is the main thing! When it stops being fun you stop making progress! Lets keep it fun. You never know I may add prizes in here at some point! 

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/1c07c86b8a87fd91b622535c5/files/1bfd7...

Views: 2188

Replies to This Discussion

Checking in. How is the progress coming with everyone?  I quilted my wedding quilt yesterday. I will post a pic after I put the binding on today 

I have my plate full with charity quilt and charity weighted blankets today and tomorrow.  I don’t expect to get back to my projects until Saturday afternoon.  Still, I did make some progress on quilting my sister’s quilt yesterday so all is not lost.  I am feeling good about things over all.

Hey guys! Just peeking in on you. 

Today i meet with the surgeon for a consult and schedule my surgery. Hoping its next week. Then can start radiation therapy and get it all behind me. Ready to get this show on the road and over with.

I am still working on my baby quilt but i can get happy with the colors. I am struggling between "just make it" and " make it match the colors in the babies room" 

It is not to theme but i could at least match some color. 

You know how it goes. Sigh....

thinking about you a lot, fearless leader!  BTW, Have you ever counted how many swaps you’ve hosted?  You have contributed a great deal to my happiness quotient (is there such a thing?) with swaps and I haven’t been doing them all that long.  Thanks, Carla.  Anyway, wanted to let you know you’re in my thoughts and prayers.  

Actually Jean i haven't lol. Before we started swapping blocks we swapped batik strips, 10 inch squares and 5 inch charms. I have no clue how many of those i hosted but it is a lot! That's a sweet thing to say. I will actually be fine! This breast cancer was caught extremely early so it's more of a neusance than anything. I just have to have a lumpectomy followed by radiation and it will be done. I am keenly aware of how fortunate i am.

I am happy to see everyones progress. I have two quilts i need to quilt to make my goal. They are sandwiched and ready. Just need to get them under the needle. Once i have the surgery though, i may not be  allowed or able to move my arm for a couple weeks to allow healing. 

Thank you all for the well wishes! I truly am o.k. :)

Glad it was found early, Carla!  If you can’t use your arm, you can use your head to dream up some swaps for us after we bust all our swap blocks.  It’ll be 2020 before we know it, the way time flies.

Oh I already have a couple in mind. Lol. Would love to do "in the vegetable garden"  which would include any veggies, tools or garden pests. Lolol. But that's just one of many circling around.

That would be cool. I have a thought. The cool tones pieced blocks is one of my all time favorites. I frequently have it over my lap with a poodle in top Lolol. 

That being said. I would love to do a warm toned one. 

I would like to do a vegetable garden, too.  I actually have a pattern for one as well as a bunch of veggie fabrics, but so far I keep getting side tracked. Lol.

We could also do a jar quilt. I don't know if you have seen the quilt used  on the gardening group here but that is my quilt. :)  we could actually use the jars on the reverse as backing and have a veggie garden with our canned veggies on back. Lolololol......just a thought.

Definitely!  Cristin reminds me from time to time that I said I was going to do one of those about a dozen years ago.

Still working on the Sunbonnet Sue, but almost done. Taking great care because it is special.  Have gotten more done on the Chicken quilt from 1999, now that's progress.  Finally getting Bird blocks together, remember them!  Dresden Plate blocks are together and sandwiched.  Doing pretty good and it's only the beginning of February.

Carla, hope all goes as you want at the doc' today and you'll be up and running full time before long.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service