Inspiring Quilters, Stitch by Stitch
WELCOME TO THE 2019 BLOCK BUSTERS FIUP CHALLENGE!
This challenge will last all of 2019!!! It will be broken into 4 quarters :
FIRST QUARTER :JAN. - MARCH
Carla - quilt valentines quilt top and one other swap block top either pumpkins or Christmas. *Finish the Snowman blocks into a top.
Jean - quilt Under The Sea top.
Mary anne -* snowman blocks into runners.
Connie - finish quiltalong , snowpeople swap.
Wilma - snowmen and Christmas blocks. **
Carri - *
Melanie K. Sgt peppers, tourquoise and choice of swap block
SECOND QUARTER: APRIL - JUNE
THIRD QUARTER:JULY - SEPT.
FOURTH QUARTER: OCTOBER -DEC.
This challenge will have ZERO swapping in it. It is strictly created to try to get some finishes on our swap blocks! You may join in at any time and you can finish any number of quilts or other projects you wish in each quarter but the hope is to complete at least one each quarter!
Here is how it works:
* sign up quarterly. This will prompt you to have accountability!
*make goals!! Be willing to post your goals each quarter and do your best to follow through!
* choose your blocks for the quarter! It can be blocks we have swapped or even ones you have just had setting around forever!
* be prepared! Whether it is scrappy or perfectly chosen have it ready to go. Choose a setting!
*share ideas to help others move forward! Sometimes the hardest part of this is deciding on a setting. Let's help each other by sharing ideas!
* be prepared to post progress and hopefully pictures if you are able!
* the main goal is to get all the way to a finished quilt!! Binding and all! Or if you prefer you may use the blocks to complete some other project such as table runners, place settings or bed runners.
But even if you are only able to get to the quilt top stage at least it's not a pile of blocks!!
************** HAVE FUN!! *************
This is the main thing! When it stops being fun you stop making progress! Lets keep it fun. You never know I may add prizes in here at some point!
Ok trying again lol. Fingers crossed
This is Connie's snowpeople quilt top. So cute!!! I love it!
absolutely charming Connie
Thank you guys and thank you Carla for posting it for me. :)
Nice job, Connie! The piecing blues and whites looks wintry.
ps. Love the scattered snow people heads.
Lol thank you.
Nice job, Connie. I love how this looks. When we get back from our visit in South Carolina I will finish up on the Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts and start my project catch up.
This is just too cute, Connie! Love the patchwork setting and the peeking little snowmen heads!