WELCOME TO THE 2019 BLOCK BUSTERS FIUP CHALLENGE!

This challenge will last all of 2019!!! It will be broken into 4 quarters :

FIRST QUARTER :JAN. - MARCH

Carla - quilt valentines quilt top and one other swap block  top either pumpkins or Christmas. *Finish the Snowman blocks into a top. 

Jean - quilt Under The Sea top.

Anna 

Mary anne -* snowman blocks into runners.

Connie - finish quiltalong , snowpeople swap. 

Wilma  - snowmen and Christmas blocks. ** 

Kathy 

Beth

Chris - 

Lisa

Carri - *

Melanie K. Sgt peppers, tourquoise and choice of  swap block 

SECOND QUARTER: APRIL - JUNE

THIRD QUARTER:JULY - SEPT.

FOURTH QUARTER: OCTOBER -DEC.

This challenge will have ZERO swapping in it. It is strictly created to try to get some finishes on our swap blocks!  You may join in at any time and you can finish any number of quilts  or other projects you wish in each quarter but the hope is to complete at least one each quarter! 

Here is how it works:

*make goals!! Be willing to post your goals each quarter and do your best to follow through! 

* choose your blocks for the quarter! It can be blocks we have swapped or even ones you have just had setting around forever! 

* be prepared!  Whether it is scrappy or perfectly chosen have it ready to go. Choose a setting! 

*share ideas to help others move forward! Sometimes the hardest part of this is deciding on a setting. Let's help each other by sharing ideas!

* be prepared to post progress and hopefully pictures if you are able! 

* the main goal is to get all the way to a finished quilt!! Binding and all! Or if you prefer you may use the blocks to complete some other project such as table runners, place settings or bed runners. 

But even if you are only able to get to the quilt top stage at least it's not a pile of blocks!!

************** HAVE FUN!! *************

This is the main thing! When it stops being fun you stop making progress! Lets keep it fun. You never know I may add prizes in here at some point! 

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/1c07c86b8a87fd91b622535c5/files/1bfd7...

Views: 2084

Replies to This Discussion

Love it !  I bet y’all had a blast

We did it was just to short a visit. 

How nice.

Hey guys that is AWESOME. i love it when we meet in person!

Great picture.  Sounds like you had great fun.

Another one bites the dust

Attachments:

So glad to see this! Its exciting to see another quiltalong completed. That was really fun. 

Wow, Connie! I am impressed - proud of you.

Meanwhile, I am mainly doing charity quilt work and making random blocks...no finishing going on here.

It came out beautiful Connie. Can't wait to see it quilted.

Connie, I like how your quilt turned out.  So different than Carla’s quilt.  It always amazes me how same pattern takes on different character with colors.  

This is Beautiful, Connie! Love the green! 

Ok both of my first quarter quilt tops are finished. I will quilt them when I return home. 

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service