I know that sign up does not end until March, but to give everyone a head start on the Impossible Missions, I thought I would go ahead and give you a couple of quilt blocks to begin with.

You do not have to participate, but I hope that everyone will.  This group has been so much fun these past few years, so this year, I thought that it would be nice to receive something from everyone else in the group in addition to the box from your Secret Santa sister.   So if you decide to join in on the quilt block exchange part of the Impossible Missions, you will do one block for each of the other Secret Santa participants.  Usually it will only be for one or two blocks a month.  Each month, I will list which sister/s is being highlighted this month, and I will tell you a little bit about them.  You will do one block' of your choice, for them.  Please put it in a ziplock bag with their name on it, and a note from you describing the block.  The blocks should be 12.5 inches by 12.5 inches.

You will mail all of the blocks to me by November 30th along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to get back your blocks from the other sisters.  In addition, I will be embroidering a quilt label for each participant with the date and names of all of the other sisters, for you to use when you complete your quilt.  How cool will this be?

This month's sisters are:

Lee H :  Lee lives in Oregon, her favorite color is red, and she loves roses.  But avoid the color purple, because she is not a big fan of that color.  She loves live theater. Her favorite quilt block is a crazy quilt and she like batiks.

Kathy G:  Lives in Georgia, her favorite colors are lime green and orange.  Her favorite flower is sunflowers, and she loves bees.  Bright and bold with accents of black are her favorite quilt blocks, in any traditional type of block.

Views: 186

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, this sounds like a fun idea.  Now that all my paperwork is done, onto the fun part.

well should I make myself a block, lol

It will go well with the others. 

Lee, I think I'd wait till you get yours...you may need a certain color and/or technique to get a balance, or even the right number.

Sounds like fun. Count me in .

I just found this- I’m in and going to try to catch up today 

Welcome back, Colleen, glad to see you here and feeling better.  Do not push it.

I don't think I ever said I was going to participate in these Impossible Missions, but I have been making these blocks, so I thought I should let you all know - I'm in on this! 

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service