Impossible Mission - March - Inspirational Mug Rug/Snack Mat (Machine Quilting)

This month's Impossible Mission is to create an inspirational Mug Rug/ Snack Mat.  The challenge this month is that part of your design must be machine quilted by you.  The quote part of your project can be a pre-printed panel, embroidery, fabric paint, fabric calligraphy, applique, anything you would like to do.  I found out last year that many of you have other unique and interesting talents, so I am excited to see what everyone comes up with.

This example, I machine quilted over the quote with my regular sewing machine.  I made it 8.5" x 11", so it fits perfectly in the bottom of my medium sized flat-rate box that I will fill for my Secret Santa sister during the rest of the year.

Your project can be any size you like.  Also, remember, perfection is only something in fairy tales, so just have fun with this project and let us see what you come up with.  You have until April first to post your pictures.  Good Luck everyone, there is a charm pack waiting for the winner.

Views: 81

Replies to This Discussion

Oh boy! I love this for our first mission. 

All kinds of possibilities are inspiring me. 

Oh Good.  I've been wanting to make and get a mug rug.  Hint, hint out there...I drink herbal decaffeinated teas and need inspiration to get out and exercise.

OK Mary, I need to join you.  Too bad you are so far away.  

Guess I will be off looking for some inspiration.  And funny, funny, funny …. I am making mug rugs for my Featherweight Group for our luncheon in November.  One for each person's birthday!

Oh Wilma, I just got out my Featherweight to work on the mug rugs. My usual machine doesn't like the wavering generator, so should just keep two machines out always.  Sounds like quilters in Henderson are a fun bunch.

My rug is done, but how do I post a picture?

Attachments:

Here is my mug rug....had fun making this one.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service