Nothing welcomes us into the dining room better than a lovely table centerpiece.  This month's mission should you decide to join us, is to create a colorful centerpiece that can be used throughout the year.  This does not need to be a sewn project.  It can be a crocheted doily, a flower arrangement, painted ceramic, anything you can create.  The parameters for this months challenge is that it be colorful and for daily use, not specifically for any particular holiday.

This month's winner will receive a really cute Artsi2 Quilt Board Kit of a Rooster.  If you have never done one of these kits, you are in for a treat.   Good Luck everyone.

Views: 163

Replies to This Discussion

This is very pretty.  I love the colors.

Colleen and Mary, you both have done remarkable pieces...such imagination!

This is beautiful, Colleen,  Did you use a pattern or just wing it?

It is a pattern called Fold N Stitch Leaf Topper. I was gifted the pattern probably a year ago- finally decided to try making one. Now that I have I will make more, it was fun, only took a couple hours and I love the way it turned out.

Lovely Colleen...it would go with mine(which I am keeping) so well.

Collen I love it. I made a Christmas pointsetta like that once. You did a very nice job to make it colorful. Mary I like the rustic look and still have a place to keep items that are used all the time.

Sew happy ...mines complete ! Front is very traditional...l was thinking teacups & tarts set out on this one. 

The back is done in dark green ( the print's not a Christmas print ), that would work for " winter"..

Oh it is wonderful Riana ! Are those sheep on the back? So cute. I love it. A nice teapot would look perfect sitting  on it. 

Yes, sheep and hearts...a really country look ( in case the front's too formal, or if grandkids are over,lol). Hope the colors suit my Secret Santa sister's decor! I had to try out my Janome 8900 ( new to me) to see how it fmq quilts. Love it...and the fancy stitch used to embroider the garland. Lots of tiny appliques , tulips/ leaves using a triple stitch ( which doesn't show up...whole point,lol) Then l experimented by using the actual quilting to hold down the points of dresdans, giving a 3D appearance ( tips have facings). It took a few days from designing to finish, but worth it :-)) 

Thankyou , Colleen. Here's a closeup.

Riana, that is beautiful.  What talent.  Your secret sister is sure to love it.

Thanks, Kathy, I haven't received the questionaire from Fla. yet, but l know who she is...keeping fingers crossed. Lol.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service