Do you ever make leader and ender quilts?  Do you use scraps or coordinate the fabrics?  I have done both.  I am getting ready to start a new one and I think all this recent discussion on scrap bins (thank you Beth :)) is inspiring me to do a scrappy one this time. 

I would love to know what other quilters do for leader and ender quilts.

If you do not know what I mean, or if you have not tried it, check out this link http://quiltville.com/leadersenders.shtml

Views: 1347

Replies to This Discussion

I think I would go with a navy. The stars in the corners would keep it from being to dark. It's hard to tell when you can't get the whole effect, and sometimes what looks great in my head is not so good in reality :-)

It seems we think alike!  I was thinking navy.  Thanks! you confirmed my thinking.  If you have any other ideas, please let me know!

This is beautiful Debi.  Funny how we put our mind to doing something and boom, it is done before our eyes.  Nice collection of blues and creams you had in your scraps. 

that's beautiful debi

Thanks Carla, I've been working on it for a long time. I am very happy how it turned out.  I was concerned with the loss of control with a scrappy, but it was tons of fun.  Can't wait to do another one.

Lovely, Debbie. Though it IS scrappy, your blue /off wht. color pallet keeps it clean. Love the graphic effect of 2 color quilts:) Yes, navy would frame it...but l think a stronger statement would be made with band of navy, band of cream, band of navy. The corner blocks would be terrific with that.

That's a great idea too, plus doesn't make one border too big.  The stars are 8" finished, so I could do three strips in blue/off white.

Did you start this before we started this page in late August? I consider a month to get this far a lightning pace! LOL

I did start it when we started the page.  I was bored the other day, I did a lot of work on it then. I am now in search of another project for a leader/ender.  I love being able to work on more than one project at once and not cutting and restarting thread :-D

debi ..have you looked at the "odd" quilt over on wedding dress blue? i'll see if i can find the link ....

http://weddingdressblue.wordpress.com/category/quilts/page/4/

she did this as a leaders & enders sort of project. there is a tute elsewhere on the site. awsome quilt. ..on my list ! lol

Thank you Rogue Quilter Queen of the WIVSP, I looked at the pattern and like it.  I also saw So Many Squares in the new American Patchwork and Quilting magazine.  I love the idea of using a ton of scraps and something that is easy to sew together.  Thank you so much for the idea.

haven't gotten my new AP&Q yet, but will look for the pattern you mention. i love scrappy too. w LOTS of little squares. but i cannot do leaders & enders. i must have total control of my random chaos :)) like my little pink & green WIP or my chicken quilt. both in my album. each block layed out completely prior to stitching together.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2022   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service