Do you ever make leader and ender quilts?  Do you use scraps or coordinate the fabrics?  I have done both.  I am getting ready to start a new one and I think all this recent discussion on scrap bins (thank you Beth :)) is inspiring me to do a scrappy one this time. 

I would love to know what other quilters do for leader and ender quilts.

If you do not know what I mean, or if you have not tried it, check out this link http://quiltville.com/leadersenders.shtml

Views: 1347

Replies to This Discussion

Do tell!  I would love to have more scrap quilt patters.  Does Edyta Star have a website???

Yes she does, it is http://www.laundrybasketquilts.com/.  I just love the look of them.  She has used some old favorites and put them into a fresher look.  In fact, she has an hexi one that she just came out with.  No, I am not going to do that one, would take me several years to do it, but looks pretty.  Handwork is not my thing. 

I did pick up some neutral yardage at the Buggy Barn sale close out, if you want something from online better do it now they are closing the website down.  Their patterns are half off.  With the yardage, will be able to have a little more of a planned look to my scrap quilts.  I am getting excited to do them, but won't until later. 

Thank you, I really enjoyed perusing her site! The hexies are not my think either, but are beautiful. 

I have not seen her latest book, might be worth checking out the other 14 patterns she has in it.

Well, I've got 17 9patches done, and I ran out of squares. I guess tomorrow I'll have to drag out another bin and cut again.

I found myself caught up on some mysteries and getting restless with the wedding ring quilt, so I am power sewing on my leader/ender project....is that a bad thing??

You said you would end up doing that! LOL

Didn't last long...already back sewing on mysteries and the wedding ring.  Also, I have a wedding in about three weeks and I am doing all the altering for it.  That will certainly keep me busy.  Hopefully there will be a lot of leaders and enders :-D

I have not set out for a specific pattern for any leaders and enders now.  But, I am doing up my four patches while making the church blocks, that are done now, and the four patches are moving along rather nicely.  I still need several but is nice to have the stack next to the machine to do them as I go. 

How are you coming along ladies?  Are you ready for that wedding Debi?

Just need to do some hems and the dresses are ready. Not bad since I have till the 15th! Also got the center of my scrappy leader and ender finished. Trying to upload a pic, let's see if it worked.
Attachments:

Oh my! You will be finished in no time!

borders on, but I want to add another to make it a king to fit my bed.  Ideas?? I have enough hourglasses and star points to make four more stars for corner patches.....

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2022   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service