Hi, I live in Oregon and belong to 2 different ladies pray groups, one I actually lead.  Anyway there is power in prayer no matter if it is in your community or across the country.  So if we can lift each other up in prayer in times of trials I want to be a part of that.  Yes I am also a quilter plus an avid genealogist.

Have a great week.

Views: 69

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Cheryl, welcome to the group.  I live in Oregon too and you are right about prayer.

Welcome Cheryl. That's what this group is about lifting each other up to God in prayer. There is great power in prayer. I look forward to seeing some of your quilting. I dabble in genaology. My aunt and mother-in-law did one on the families in the county and since our family was one of the main settlers of the area they got quite an extensive history of that side of my family all the way back to the early 1600's. I love looking at it. I wish there was a history on my dad's side of the family.

Hugs.

Thanks Linda for the welcome and your comments.  You will have to work on the history of your father's side it is like trying to solve a mystery and I love doing it.  I know there are many times when the Lord has helped me in my genealogy work and research.  For instance when visiting a somewhat large cemetery in New York where we had never been before and had no idea where to start looking, when we parked and got out of the car the very tombstone we were looking for was right there where we parked... I co=authored a book for a California Historical Society which was published in 2009 about the Gold Rush and the Mixing of Cultures between the gold miners and Native American people.  It was a book that was very well recieved.  Maybe that is why I am such a very slow quilter..   ha ha      Have a great week Linda.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service