Hi girls! I was thinking that to break the ice and get talking we could all talk about what we are currently working on and maybe the most recent project we have finished! Don't forget to flash some pics!

Views: 65

Replies to This Discussion

Great topic! Right now I have a couple of things going on! First, I am piecing a quilt top for my granddaughter (3rd birthday---or 3 1/2 birthday maybe!). I am finishing the straight stitch machine quilting on a large table runner on my sewing machine and I am getting ready to frame a boy quilt to machine quilt on my midarm. I am most excited about the quilt for the boy....it is my first Accuquilt cut quilt and I LOVE it! 

I Love the Accuquilt! It makes cutting so much easier!

I'm a real AccuQuilt fan too. I don't think I could ever go back. Would love to see pictures of your projects. 

I hope to get a couple up this weekend. So glad to have Friday here. The kids have been very "busy" at school this week and I have been very tired in the PM. However, that has not stopped me from retreating to my space! I am so in love the AccuQuilt that I may have to retire!

I have an x's and o's quilt on my back burner right now cut on my accuquilt but I have to finish this new baby quilt before I can get back to it, as soon as I get it done I will post pics.

I have spent the day working out how I am going to quilt a top. I have been working on a sampler practicing some stitches that I have wanted to try. The quilt top I am planning for is alternating blocks of hearts and plain blocks. My goal is to come up with a balanced plan for both. Here's what I did so far. 

This was my first attempt for the plain block. 

And then I decided I wanted to try a different background fill and I wanted to change the heart. So, this is one where I switched to swirls for the background fill in the upper part of the block. I think I like it better. 

So, finally, after making these basic decisions, I loaded the quilt and did the ribbon candy and SID on the heart blocks. I have also stitched in the heart outlines on a couple of rows of the plain blocks. I'm still not sure exactly what I will do for the background fills - I'm thinking of straight lines behind the applique hearts. 

I always seem to struggle and have to actually try things before I am satisfied with how I am going to quilt a top. 

The colors are gorgeous! I love the quilt! Let us know when you decide on for the fill for the background!

Marjorie, I am a real fan of yours! I found your blog before I found this place. Plus, my daughter is a UNC grad, so the Carrboro/Chapel Hill shops were favs for a long while! 

I just finished two baby quilts for my sister's best friend's new twins. ...one was winnie the pooh

the other was the 3 little pigs!

I am about to start on a commissioned quilt for a friend of mine that is winnie the pooh and 9-patches. I have the fabrics all set out on my table ready to go once I get home from work tomorrow!

It's hard to see from the picture but the darker pink and the turquoise are glittery since this quilt is for a little girl!

I love the way you did both of those quilts. I really like using the book prints and the pieced blocks with them. I made a quilt with construction vehicles for my grandsons, but didn't even think to add pieced blocks like that. Great layout. 

thank you!

Those are just adorable! I love the back! It makes the gift so much more special! Thanks for sharing.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service