Hi Ladies!

I think a good place to start is with an introduction. Tell us a little about yourself, how did you begin quilting, where do you like to buy your quilting supplies.

I'll start:

I'm Sue from Raleigh. I have only been quilting just over a year. I joined a crafting group in Cary soon after I moved to Raleigh and a few of the girls in the group quilted. I had always wanted to learn how to quilt and the ladies from the group were very supportive. I bought a used sewing machine and made my first quilt, a pin-wheel baby quilt. I like to shop at Quilts Like Crazy in Wake Forest and when I need a quilt quilted I will take it to Whatever's Quilted in Wake Forest. I look forward to talking to you ladies!

Views: 440

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! I actually live in SC, but about 1 mile from the NC state line.  I've been quilting for about 10 years and do mostly traditional quilts. I also love to applique. My favorite fabrics are civil war, 30's and batiks.   My husband works industrial construction so I've lived in 19 states in the past 22 years. We have 10 his/hers kids and 33 grandkids.   I would love to get together with some friends for some quilting time.  I'd love to meet up at MaryJo's if anyone would like to!!

Hi Gail! Welcome to the group! I wish I could meet up for some quilting time but I live all the way out in Raleigh! Maybe we should start our own retreat so we can all meet up and quilt for a weekend! I wonder how we would go about doing that?

Well, I have a spare room with a queen bed. I also have a couch and an air mattress.  I could host a couple of girls here!!

Hello Ladies,

I am WNC.  Good ole Haywood County, just 30 minutes west of Asheville.  Most of you would probably know Canton as being closer to Maggie Valley.  Is anyone of our friends close to me this direction?  Our little guild is looking for those interested in joining us for some sew time and learning experiences.

Thanks.

My name is Sharon and I live in Zebulon. I am originally from Florida, but have called NC home since 1998.  I belong to a bee that meets at my church and am one of the 3 person leadership team of the Tar River Piecemakers Quilt Guild in Rocky Mount.  I teach at my local quilt shop, Ladybug's Cottage, in Wendell.  I love all types of quilting but my favorite is scrappy.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service