What did you make for your very first quilt?  Or if you are making your first one now, what is it?  For my very first quilt I made a lap size Log Cabin.  I used the book, "Log Cabin in a Day" by Eleanor Burns.  That book is what taught me the basics of quiltmaking.  My second book ("Better Homes and Gardens Complete Guide to Quilting") is the one that I still refer to when I want to learn something new.  It's the best all-around quilt book I've come across.  I have one like it by Fons and Porter, but it's not nearly as detailed.

Views: 1474

Replies to This Discussion

Stupid editor on kindle I meant flippy corners

I just started quilting because I lost my husband and felt I needed something in my life that would hug me back. At this age it's all I got. Lol. I draw my quilt blocks on Muslin and the micron pens. I am still learning to quilt and just finished learning how to do a ohio star. Love quilting and meeting all the people in the guild.

Last Mothers day, my boys bought me the block of the Month Crafty Quilt kit. My husband shocked me with a new sewing machine. A Pfaff Performance. My old sewing machine is a Pfaff 56. Major learning curve.  I made my first quilt learning a new machine. The top is done but not the quilting. I hope to finish that in the next few months. I have to use my driveway to bast and lay the bottom, quilt and top out. I bought a tarp to place on the driveway first and know waiting for the maple tree to stop dropping helicopters. I have finished a second quilt, this one I designed. It was a twin. 

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2022   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service