I so want to quilt, however everytime I try, the trash gets something new. I can't seem to keep straight or square and get frustrated and start over and over and over. Have tried many patterns, but then I get stuck and can't get out of my own way.

Any ideas on a quilt that is easy to keep square and still looks pretty? I thought of the quilt in a day, and have tried patterns from easy quilts, but still gettting frustrated. I have one on my table now that is about ready for the trash. Should be squares, but they do not mathc. Then I go to measure and am not sure what to do next. So, I am getting ready to start again.

Frustrated, but still trying!

Views: 222

Replies to This Discussion

All the advice you've received is good, Denise, but NOTHING beats having a quilter show you in person. Find a class at your local quilt shop, or community group or church. Having feedback in a class and learning from other participants is fun and you won't waste your money throwing out good material!

Hang in there! What size quilt are you working on? When I started it was on a full size and I was so frustrated that I did quit for a while, about 10 years. I realized I started on something too big. This time I cut fat quarters into 2 1/2" strips and sewed these together and made a tote bag, something small and manageable. This is how I start all new quilter classes now. 

It takes practice practice and more practice and lots or youtube watching but you will get there. 

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2022   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service