When were looking to buy our house, there was no back deck, just this gazebo which was newer and charmingly out fitted with floral wicker set at the time. Now, several years later, it's used to store deck furniture in the rainy weather and winter. It's in the shade almost all day, just receiving sun after dinner. Last year I tried sprucing it up with hanging baskets of flowers, but the huge squirrels around here climbed up and dug them out, bending the brackets (which I've removed).

I can't paint the pressure treated wood, and the screens are on the entire outside anyway.

So... I'm looking for ideas. Can anyone help? The planning will be done this year, and the work next year, as reseeding our entire front lawn and new tires on the RV have shot this year's budget.

On the sides of the doors are small gardens w/hostas and creeping flox (which is lovely purple in spring, but green now). There's a large garden to the right that contains a water feature. Then there's a small garden to the left, with a stone birdbath. The path you see leads from a stone patio which has the BBQ and kid's playslide thingy.

We have to use it for storing (BBQ too), so it's the outside appearance I'm looking to revive.HELP!

Views: 355

Replies to This Discussion

That's a fun site, Rogue, l spent time on their checking out tge other fun stuff! The swallows have built a nest above the door, so that may curtail our efforts for 3 weeks or so,until the young have flown.

The gazebo was even worse this year. We had to wait until the swallows were out before we could give it a spa treatment.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service