This is all about those scraps we have in boxes, bins, tubs, and yes, under the bed. LOL  We all have scraps of one size or another.  If it is bigger than a fat quarter, then not a scrap.  I have lots of fat quarters around.  Those are called left overs and that size goes back into the stash busting category.  Now those smaller ones, those are what we are talking about.  I still have three tubs which are over flowing.  Let us count the quilts we can make out of those.

Views: 416

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you! 

You are doing well with your scraps.

I will get pics up.  Maybe sweet talk Ginny into doing it for me. LOL  I actually have a few scrap quilts done.  Working on the binding in the morning, I think.  Took some me time and quilted up four quilts.  Two of them are a combination of scraps and a jelly roll to make the Two Step Missouri Star Quilt pattern for my parents, birthday and Mother's Day.  Then I used all scraps from backings from my own and customers cuddle and pieced it and used it for a vintage quilt top for someone.  I like it actually.  I did not have any issues with quilting it either.  That is a break from the headache my new machine has been.

What new machine, Beth? Domestic or longarm?

Beth's pieced backing all from her scraps-

The lovely quilting really pops!

Cuddle fabric is good for that.

I still seem to be creating more scraps than using them.

Beth, isn't that true? You use up one size but create 2 others in the process,lol.

Checking in.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service