Consider joining the group, whether you’ve been a Stash buster in the past, or not... whether you reached your goal, or not... if you are serious about reducing the amount of fabric that is on your shelves, in your bins and in your favorite hiding places.

As a group, our goal is to get the size of our stash UNDER CONTROL.  

I know that I will purchase fabric this year. Being a Stash buster makes me much more conscious before I add to what I already have. Do I really NEED it? Having to publicly declare a purchase makes me think about it... well for a few seconds, anyway! I am getting better. Little steps, right?

1.   There is NO NEED to count the yardage in your stash!!! (it would be way too scary, anyway!)

2.    You can sell, donate, or give away yardage to count toward your total.

3.   You are allowed to purchase new fabric. Just report that as yardage 'IN'!!!  He%20He.gif

4.   Though it is not necessary to report in every week (you can, though!), regular reporting is encouraged.

5.   We are always glad to see pictures!

The routine has been that I post the previous week's reporting early Monday morning in a chart. Participants respond to that post with their yardage IN and yardage OUT for the previous week. That information then gets posted in the following week's chart. You don't have to respond every week, but please respond regularly, even if just to report that there has been nothing IN or OUT.

The date to start your count of Yardage IN and Yardage OUT is January 1, 2019, or anytime you want to join in the fun.  

Some people count fabric as busted when the fabric is off the shelf and cut, others count once the top is together, and, I would guess, that others prefer to count once the top is quilted. Whatever works for you!

I hope that you have thought about your goal for this year. Realistically, how many yards of fabric do you think you can use up, sell, donate or give away??

The update chart will be posted periodically.

Membership is open to ALL.  Join in at any time you like.

Views: 156

Replies to This Discussion

0 in and 8.25 yd. out for now, Beth. I will have something to show very soon! 

Well now, not many are paying attention here.  I know, the leader takes a nap, the rest do also.  Well, except Ginny who has been posting.  

I am glad to say I am nearly done with all my quilt tops that need quilted.  One more to go.  Have some customer quilts to get done quick in between interviews.  I have two this week.  We shall see.  I pray that I get enough quilting business so I don't have to work out of the home, but we shall see what the Lord brings my way.

Now for yardage out.  I finished 33 quilts since being off work.  Yes that is correct.  I know because I had to put them all in the Odesssa Quilt Show.  I will take photos then when they are hanging up.  They will look so much prettier.  

My guestimation is 264 yards out.  I took an average of all the quilts I made, both large and small.  One was an applecore quilt that measured 90 x 108.  That quilt has 489 pieces in it.  Never again will I make one of those.  

I did purchase a fat quarter bundle to finish one quilt and that was five yards in.  Excited to show you a pic of that cutie.  It is Crab Apple Hill's "Over The River" pattern that has been in the works for about seven years.  

How is everyone else doing?

Well I have 2 quilts back from the quilter....6 yards of backing out.  Now I have to do binding and some embellishments.  BUT I have 8 yards in...you know those vendors at quilt shows...they just suck you in.  I hope I will avoid the quilt stores while in Hawaii.  I also bought 8 yards of fabric for Adult bibs, but I finished them, so 8 yards out.  Need pictures but not now.  Bottom line...22 yds in and 14 yards out.

am in the dumps.  Meeting with hospice tomorrow.  My mom has taken a downward spiral in the past week.  Not eating, slumping so much she is close to falling out of her wheelchair.  She is sleeping most of the time.  Like she told me, she is waiting for her dad and my dad to pick her up.  She keeps telling me she has missed them as she wasn’t packed.  So sad to see.  Send some prayers her way.

I am here .. been down with pollen, went to doctor, now Doug is sick, so taking care of him. Have been trying to clean and reorganize, repairing things .. now I am going to NC for 2 weeks to visit kids so packing things to leave Thurs after work as I am driving across. Have not had much time to be on computer ..

No INS to report .. 6 yards to QOV as I cleaned my table off :) 

Am taking some things to sew for the girls while I am gone, going to use neighbor's machine as I will have the girls for things to try on :) 

I am going on my FIRST ever Shop Hop with Beth  this weekend. Don't want to go crazy, but I will be in quilt shops galore, so it it could be disastrous! LOL There is also a Q Show involved in these outings, so I am really excited! 

Ginny, that sounds like a real fun day! ...but l think you'll likely be adding to your stash, not busting it,lol. I'd go to the " quilt tool" section at each if l were you,lol.

So, went on shop hop with Ginny.  Good person to go with.  A little oops, but got some great fabric to go with a couple of my projects.  In is 5 yards though.  Can't wait to see it go out in the fun filled projects I have for them.

Our 2 day adventure was great and I had a really good time with Beth! The Shop Hop ended on a high note with a wonderful Q Show put on by the Fronen Stepdecker Quilt Club where Beth was a participant and walked away with a ribbon! Yeah, Beth!  I did very good in "not giving in to temptation". I only purchased 1 FQ and 1 - 1/2 yd. piece. There were many shops that offered free FQ and F8 and kits, so all in all I guess I am 2 yds. in for the week. I did begin assembling my Lonely Hearts blocks, though, so 1 yd. out this week.

My latest quilt, Winston Way is all from my stash, front and back.

Well no yardage out for me.  I have been dealing with scraps.  I do mean scraps.  Getting them organized and cut into projects.  Having a hard time deciding on a few pieces which are a little larger if they are scraps or yardage.

I have been trying to keep up, even took my computer with me to the kids house .. however, they kept me very busy lol  But, I DO have some progress to report finally 

OUT  4 skirts, 1 dress, 2 ponchos   6 3/4 yards    IN  -0-  

Proud grand in her poncho :)  Now to finish a couple more dresses, and the jelly roll / layer cake matching quilts / curtains .. how do I measure layer cakes / jelly rolls ?  any ideas ??  

Jelly roll (40 piece)= 2.75 yds.

Layer Cake bundle (40 pieces)= 3 1/3 yds.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service