Ok, So I am newer to quilting and looking for people in the area to quilt with. Is there anyone here in Cincinnati Ohio? I am wanting to join a group but... I work all day and all the groups are 1 hour away and I can not get to them. I have a sewing Room most of the time unless my adult kids are home (UGH) but I have no motivation to sit in there for hours by myself. Any suggestions.

Views: 272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

look in "groups" in the header of every page here @ mqp. type "ohio" into the search box. there is a group for ohio.
I'm from North California
Hi, there! I used to live in the Santa Rosa area but now live in North Carolina. I lived in So. Cal most of my life? It's nice to see someone from home. Have a great day! Camille..

I am 2 hrs north of Cinci, but whenever I get to Cinci I head straight to Silk Road textiles for fabrics and the latest trends/news.  Check in with them regarding quilt groups in your section of Cincinnati.     Cincinnati also has a Quilt Guild.

I'm from kinder la

Lisa

For many years I was an Air Force wife and we were stationed at places with no quilters I knew.  I started to teach my friends how to quilt.  I figure when life gives you no quilters, make 'em :)

Hi Lisa, I'm from Dayton, Ohio.  I have a small group of ladies that meets once a month on a Sunday afternoon for a lunch and learn.  Currently we are doing a sampler quilt.  Each month either myself or two of the other ladies in the group will teach the others how to make a different square of the sampler.  If you are interested in joining us you are more than welcome.  I realize that is still an hour drive but it is only once a month and on a Sunday afternoon.   

Check out the quilt shop in Loveland. Great shop lots of selection. Visted my brother in blue ash and found them. Not sure how close to you...

For those of you who don't have a quilt guild, you might check with your local university extension office.   Even if you don't have a local group or guild, you will find great information about sewing and quilting and meet others who have the same interest. Where 2 quilters meet you have a new partner to share and guilds begin from there.

Iowa will always be home, but we live in Illinois near St.Louis. I traveled all over when my husband was in the Navy and made or finished at least one quilt at every duty station, although none live where they were made and most were given away as gifts.  If you are near Scott AFB, just let me know when you can come by, I quilt/sew every day and could use a new sewing friend.

I am in the same situation as you.  I do like to work alone but it is always is good to have someone to run things by.  My kids are grown. I hope the best for you.  I am in PA

Hi Nancy, I lived in PA from 87-91. While hubby was in grad school, I worked as a substitute home ec. teacher in State College and one of my boys was born there.  We still bleed blue on game day, in the heart of Big 10 country. Then we moved to Phila. for almost 4 years. We still have many friends there.  There are wonderful quilting resources in PA, depending upon which part of the state you are in.  Anytime you want to run something by me, you can always private message me.  I enjoy answering questions and have found friends on the internet to be quite helpful. We have a large quilt guild here in town, but I have chosen to be active part of the smaller neighborhood group from the American Sewing Guild.  I enjoy the diversity of projects and since I teach sewing lessons and do some alterations, ASG fits more in line with my business plan.  Happy Quilting to you in PA.   

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service