Tell me where the quilt guilds are?????  An underlining question that keeps coming up is about Quilt Guilds.  I know there are many good ones out there. No matter how small the guild tell us about them. We now have group members from all over Tennessee and border state.  Websites info would be good too.  

Views: 355

Replies to This Discussion

So true. I joined our guild as a beginner (still) I have always been a seamstress but I have fallen in love with quilting. The fact that I was not an advanced quilter did not matter. 

When I lived in East TN...I belonged to the Piecemakers in Dandridge which met at the First Baptist Church there...It's a small group of wonderful women lead by Denise Waymaker that also owns Calico Cottage Quilting there also...it's a great shop and she also does long arm quilting and sells quilting machines too..check out her site... www.calicocottagequilting.com  I miss all of these women and stay intouch with several...we did charity work and special projects but mostly worked on what we brought with us and did a lot of 'Show'n Tell'....

The other BIG group I belonged to was Rose Center Quilters in Morristown, TN...they were a much larger more organized group and met in a historical school bldg there in town that was once the Rose Center School...it was fun just to be in the building...we had a quilting show with prizes and ribbons...and a lot of really serious quilters...it was fun too but hard to get to know everyone...we had classes we taught ourselves or had a pro come in for a paid class...we had desserts etc at the meeting we'd bring in...and had several charities and several deals going on like Round Robins and Mystery Quilts...it was a busy group and I liked it too... I miss them both~especially the first one...  

We have a wonderful guild in Paris,TN. Q.U.I.L.T Guild, check out our blog. We have some very talented quilters and good cooks also. We meet on the 1st Thursday of each month at 10AM. We also have a group that meet on the 4th Thursday of each month where we come together to work on personal and fun projects also we offer help to beginner quilters. We have great fun. 

We all pledge to make 4 small or large quilts a year each year we take about 100 quilts to LeBonuer Children's hospital in Memphis.

Here is a website I found on American Quilter that lists quilt guilds everywhere....http://www.americanquilter.com/quilt_world/guilds.php?state=TN

Friendship Quilt Guild meets in Smyrna on the second Saturday of every month. We have Over 100 members and have all ranges of skill levels.

TVQA has a list of guilds too. (Tennessee Valley Quilters Association)

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service