Like many of you, I still have far too much fabric in my stash, and, though I didn’t achieve my stashbusting goals for 2016, I really did try. I’m game to continue the journey, and hope that you will join me.

Consider joining the group, whether you’ve been a Stashbuster in the past, or not... whether you reached your goal, or not... if you are serious about reducing the amount of fabric that is on your shelves, in your bins and in your favourite hiding places.

As a group, our goal is to get the size of our stash UNDER CONTROL. 

I know that I will purchase fabric this year. Being a Stashbuster makes me much more conscious before I add to what I already have. Do I really NEED it? Having to publicly declare a purchase makes me think about it... well for a few seconds, anyway! I am getting better. Little steps, right?

1.   There is NO NEED to count the yardage in your stash!!! (it would be way too scary, anyway!)

2.    You can sell, donate, or give away yardage to count toward your total.

3.   You are allowed to purchase new fabric. Just report that as yardage 'IN'!!!  He%20He.gif

4.   Though it is not necessary to report in every week (you can, though!), regular reporting is encouraged.

5.   We are always glad to see pictures!

The routine has been that I post the previous week's reporting early Monday morning in a chart. Participants respond to that post with their yardage IN and yardage OUT for the previous week. That information then gets posted in the following week's chart. You don't have to respond every week, but please respond regularly, even if just to report that there has been nothing IN or OUT.

The date to start your count of Yardage IN and Yardage OUT is January 1, 2017, or anytime you want to join in the fun

Some people count fabric as busted when the fabric is off the shelf and cut, others count once the top is together, and, I would guess, that others prefer to count once the top is quilted. Whatever works for you!

I hope that you have thought about your goal for this year. Realistically, how many yards of fabric do you think you can use up, sell, donate or give away??

This week, all you need to do is say “I’m in” and state your goal for the year. Your responses will show up in a chart. Participants will indicate their yardage IN and yardage OUT for that week under that post. The chart is always a week (or two) behind.

Membership is open to ALL.  Join in at any time you like.

Views: 2963

Replies to This Discussion

I do not know why this keeps happening. I have to keep turning my computer off and then on again. It even does it when I am loging on some times.

5 1/2 yard out and 0 yards in

0 in and 5 yds. out, Beth. Got a couple more gifts made before Christmas and a baby quilt done for my son's co-worker who had her baby 2 1/2 months early - 1 lb. 13 oz. Little Kairi is holding her own and thankfully, things look very good for her. 

Received 1 yard of fabric for Christmas and 3/4 out on the quilt below.  I wrote up a list of quilting projects that need to get finished.  May 2018 be great with finishes! 

Here's the quilt I did finish on Christmas Day.  I have had this panel for some time and didn't know what to do with it plus I didn't want to buy more fabric.  I ended up using what I had on hand.  I was actually pleased with the modge-podge of fabrics that I used!  Happy New Year, Everyone!

Beautiful, Jan. Congrats on getting out your scraps.

I give up too, Ginny!! I think I went backwards.

Happy New Year to all!

Beth, I hope you are doing much better and getting strength back.

Thanks for leading the group and keeping count. And hope your Christmas was fun inspite of the crutches.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Thank you, Barbara.

Very elegant feel to this, Jan! I don't see any modge podge, at all! It looks like you planned it! Love the colors! 

Thank you, Ginny.

Beth, hope you are feeling better. 

It just dawned on me after reading Jan's post that I received fabric for Christmas, too. 3 1/2 yd. in for Christmas! I think i have to give up on making my goal for this year! LOL Got some beautiful pieces from my SS and a FQ bundle of patriotic fabrics from my DIL-to-be. I see another QOV in my future for 2018.  

Just when you think you're getting ahead ans have a little more control people give you more fabrics and gift cards for  fabric stores.  I haven't used any yet, so I am 5 yards in, plus 3 gift cards totaling $150.00.    Gift cards I think will be used almost totally for batting and thread.  The five yards were from daughter whose sons are ready for a more grown up quilt, I think a hint.  Was planning for it anyhow, fabric just pointed me in the right direction.

Stashbuster Goal Week In Week Out Yards In YTD Yards Out YTD Actual Busted
Joy 10     18 8 -10
Paula 25     14 6 -8
Ginny 25 3.5 7 30 45 15
Rhonda 25       17.5 17.5
Gayle 35 10 32 44.16 109.49 65.33
Paula 25     6.5 5 -1.5
Barb 25   7 49.5 59.75 10.25
Beth 75 1   74.08 156.91 82.83
Mary 10   1 29 53.37 24.37
Deanna 25 4.5   13 121.25 108.25
Jan 25 11 5.75 38.33 55.925 17.595
Totals 305 30 52.75 316.57 638.195 321.625

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service