I would like to find out if there is any interest for a Secret Santa group?

The group I belonged to previously had members complete questionnaires. Then everyone was assigned a person to be Secret Santa for. We spent the year making/buying things for that person. It was limited to whatever fit in a priority mail package. Also during the year, we'd have monthly gift ideas to make with tutorials. Then on a set date at the beginning of December, we would mail our Secret Santa gifts. Many took photos when they received their gifts and posted so all could see all the marvelous things everyone received.

Another thought is to make one item and then have a dollar limit as to what can be spent on other items. This would prevent some getting large Secret Santa boxes and others getting smaller boxes.

Any other suggestions are welcome. If there is enough interest, we can set up a group.

Views: 739

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

With the economy today, I believe we will have a $ limit. I know several of us are on limited incomes as we reach retirement age.

I personally think a year to work on a swap is too long. Could we do something more on the line of an Easter Basket swap?

For those interested in Secret Santa 2016, I am setting up a group. Please look for it.

For any one interested, there is still time to join the Secret Santa Group this year. The cut off is May 1.

It's not too late to join the Secret Santa group! Tomorrow is the deadline. Secret Pals will be given out June 1.

Wow, June 1st is not too far off. Going to have to put on my thinking cap.

It's time to sign up for Secret Santa 2017! Those interested please go to the Secret Santa Group and ask for membership if you are not currently a member. If you are already a member, just send me a pm so I can send you a questionnaire for the new year. This year all questionnaires must be turned in by March 31, 2017. This way we can have a little more time to gear our gifts specifically for our Secret Santa pal. New members can not be accepted after March 31, 2017.

I'm also going to try to post a project or suggestion each month. Everyone is encouraged to post anything you would like to share that would make nice gifts for our quilty Secret Santa pals.

We had a fun time and received some great packages in 2016. Come join the fun! The more the merrier!

Go to the Secret Santa Group and ask for membership if you are not currently a member.

All questionnaires must be turned in by March 31, 2017. We cannot accept new members after March 31.

We've already posted a couple projects that will make nice gifts for your Secret Santa pal. Come check it out!!

I had replied earlier, I would like to be in the Secret Santa exchange again. Already have items in a box.

Questionnaires went out today. But it's not too late to sign up. We are accepting new members until March 31, 2017.

Other groups who exchange  Christmas presents are welcome to join our Secret Santa group. Come join the fun!

March 31, 2017 is the cut off to sign up for Secret Santa 2017. Don't be left out of the fun this year. Sign up now!!

There are only 21 days left to sign up for Secret Santa this year! Sign up now! Don't be left out!

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service