What would you do with 6 finished quilt tops. These were given to me. I was told that a 80 year old woman made them. Some are all hand sewn and some are machine sewn. 

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cherish them. You have the history of the women in your hands.If only quilts could talk, the stories they could tell.

You are right Cindy. I had not thought about that. Thank you.

If you yourself do not necessarily want to keep them but want to see them preserved, there are many museums that now have quilt collections not to mention the ones that are dedicated to fabric arts and/or quilts. I myself would finish them as gently and lovingly as possible with a signature block on the back telling the story of them and then use them to decorate the spare beds and walls of my home.

But Cindy is completely right, mostly just cherish the memory and history of the women who made them.

I don't know how old they are. And I never thought to ask, I will find out.  The fabric in the quilts looks like recycled clothing. But there is a definite pattern in each one. But would not win a quilt contest. They are still very beautiful. I will try to get a little history to pass on.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service