Let’s do a block to “remember” this interesting period of time in our lives.  A neighborhood filled with trees and houses in memory of our lockdown.  We would use permanent ink or embroidery to label your house with your name and state (also city if you like).

Use the FatCatPattern “Backyard Friends” ... all patterns on sale at their website 30% off with coupon code TEXAS til June 1.  Or use any Applique house / tree pattern that is 6-1/2w x 9-1/2h or 13w x 9-1/2h.  We will use a light background, but use your scraps for the trees or house.

The picture below is a finished quilt using this pattern.

UPDATED INFORMATION... Any light background color (white, cream, tone-on-tone, light blue), add windows, doors, hearts, etc. and any style house you desire (applique, embroidered or paper pieced), just stick to either of above sizes, please add extra 1/4” around to allow for true-up by quilter.

Here are links from the I Spy Swap meant for this swap.

https://patchworkplus-quilting.com/cloud-blue-mini-dot-sorbet-from-qt-fabrics.html?utm_source=Googleshopping&utm_campaign=Googleshopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuu-x5qXD6QIVUNbACh3VmA3iEAQYBCABEgLOpPD_BwE

http://qtfabrics.com/fabrics/fabric-detail.asp?u=016542727084

DUE DATE:  September 15 to Hostess (send me a message for address if you don’t have it.  
Make sure you include a self-addressed, stamped return envelope.

1.  Wilma Schirra-Kays

2.  Wilma Schirra-Kays

3,  Jean McCusker...received 8-26-20...mailed #9114 9999 4431 3036 7047 27

4. Jean McCusker...received 8-26-20

5.  Annie Lage..Dropped, no response

6.  Connie Wilkerson...received 7-10-20...mailed #9114 9014 9645 1206 2385 95

7.  Melanie Kieth....received 9-11-20...mailed #9505 5100 5533 0262 8844 43

Views: 1219

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Me too....I will work on some houses and trees as I can use what I have and always switch later.  This can be such a cute quilt....am looking through my scraps to see if I have some “road / street” appropriate pieces I can use.

Personally I would prefer everyone use what ever background color they have or would like.  Not everyone use the same color or print for their back ground.  I have not joined this swap so may not matter to others.

Oh Gayle, I hope you will join us.  Would love to see blocks from our broad base of quilters.  As I age, these special quilts seem more important.  

White or off white it doesn’t matter to me :)

This sounds like fun, but I am not sure I have time to make any.  I will keep it in mind though.

If I was, we all live in different styles of houses so I would go for that.

I want regular house windows.  

Use whatever pattern you like and technique that suits you.  Some of us rather use the embroidery machine or paper piecing.

Did I miss the mark?

I think that would be really cute as long as the block size stays the same :)

https://swpea.com/collections/houseshttps://swpea.com/collections/houses/products/houses-quilt-5x7-and-...

Here are the designs I have.  They are similar to what the picture is that Wilma posted

Those are very cute and could easily be made the same size block 

I looked at those, Beth.  Should buy them fir me, but I have so many embroidery files...lol.  We can change this to fit fir the majority, but I think we should stick with a couple of sizes....that’s why I mentioned those 2 sizes.  Thoughts?

Also, this swap could easily move to August or September.

Wilma, I say we should use a later date.  We might get more takers that way.

I like the idea of two set sizes.

Windows and doors or hearts?   Either works for me.

Ok I will push out the date....and yes, windows, doors, hearts....whatever your imagination comes up with to make. Two sizes so the “town” can have some variety.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2022   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service