Let’s do a block to “remember” this interesting period of time in our lives.  A neighborhood filled with trees and houses in memory of our lockdown.  We would use permanent ink or embroidery to label your house with your name and state (also city if you like).

Use the FatCatPattern “Backyard Friends” ... all patterns on sale at their website 30% off with coupon code TEXAS til June 1.  Or use any Applique house / tree pattern that is 6-1/2w x 9-1/2h or 13w x 9-1/2h.  We will use a light background, but use your scraps for the trees or house.

The picture below is a finished quilt using this pattern.

UPDATED INFORMATION... Any light background color (white, cream, tone-on-tone, light blue), add windows, doors, hearts, etc. and any style house you desire (applique, embroidered or paper pieced), just stick to either of above sizes, please add extra 1/4” around to allow for true-up by quilter.

Here are links from the I Spy Swap meant for this swap.

https://patchworkplus-quilting.com/cloud-blue-mini-dot-sorbet-from-qt-fabrics.html?utm_source=Googleshopping&utm_campaign=Googleshopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuu-x5qXD6QIVUNbACh3VmA3iEAQYBCABEgLOpPD_BwE

http://qtfabrics.com/fabrics/fabric-detail.asp?u=016542727084

DUE DATE:  September 15 to Hostess (send me a message for address if you don’t have it.  
Make sure you include a self-addressed, stamped return envelope.

1.  Wilma Schirra-Kays

2.  Wilma Schirra-Kays

3,  Jean McCusker...received 8-26-20...mailed #9114 9999 4431 3036 7047 27

4. Jean McCusker...received 8-26-20

5.  Annie Lage..Dropped, no response

6.  Connie Wilkerson...received 7-10-20...mailed #9114 9014 9645 1206 2385 95

7.  Melanie Kieth....received 9-11-20...mailed #9505 5100 5533 0262 8844 43

Views: 985

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Had good luck yesterday.  Where my name was there are now grunge sidewalks with my name printed by the computer’s printer.  There are new signs on the shops.  I do hope you will all like the replacement pieces.  

Wilma, the post office said you should receive my blocks on Saturday. We sold our house so now on to the fun part (not) of trying to fit our things in 1/2 the square footage. lol 

Wow. That was fast.  Congratulations!

I bet all of us could find room for your stash!  Lol.  No, really, that will be a challenge picking and choosing what is unnecessary.  I don’t envy you that chore.  I have no words of wisdom for you, but sure wish you well..

Package received today.  Will open later.  Good luck with your move.  Congratulations on the quick sale.

If anyone else wants to join in, let me know as I am going to close this swap.

Let me know if I’m short. I will mail more in if needed. I think I might be one short. Can’t remember at this point. I can make and send more but just didn’t want to lose the ones I already made lol

Will do.  

How is everyone doing on their houses/trees?

Annie, you have been very quiet, what’s happening in your area?  

I have mine all assembled and this weekend will work on applique and adding name.  Trying to fit in between other projects.  Have crocheted almost 200 ear savers for nurses at local hospitals.  One of our sewing group is coordinating the effort.

Mine are all done.  I don’t know why I haven’t mailed them yet.  ;-)  I am looking forward to putting all of it together.

I am making a quilt for my grandson.  Also I am occasionally sizing up, sewing, or pressing some of the red, white and blue triangles.  One of the nine stars is done.  I love it, but it is an awful lot of HSTs and I need to take breaks from it.   I am thinking of pulling out my pink and gray courthouse blocks and working on that after my grandson’s quilt is on the long arm.

HSTs are a pain, especially those 2-1/2” ones.  No hurry, have plenty of time.  Haven’t heard anything from Annie.  Guess I should work on my squares for SS, do have a couple more PHDs to finish up.  Just hard to get into the mood right now.

Getting in the mood to do something may be why I end up with loads of UFOs.  Sometimes a new project is what motivates me.  Lol

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service