Let’s do a block to “remember” this interesting period of time in our lives.  A neighborhood filled with trees and houses in memory of our lockdown.  We would use permanent ink or embroidery to label your house with your name and state (also city if you like).

Use the FatCatPattern “Backyard Friends” ... all patterns on sale at their website 30% off with coupon code TEXAS til June 1.  Or use any Applique house / tree pattern that is 6-1/2w x 9-1/2h or 13w x 9-1/2h.  We will use a light background, but use your scraps for the trees or house.

The picture below is a finished quilt using this pattern.

UPDATED INFORMATION... Any light background color (white, cream, tone-on-tone, light blue), add windows, doors, hearts, etc. and any style house you desire (applique, embroidered or paper pieced), just stick to either of above sizes, please add extra 1/4” around to allow for true-up by quilter.

Here are links from the I Spy Swap meant for this swap.

https://patchworkplus-quilting.com/cloud-blue-mini-dot-sorbet-from-qt-fabrics.html?utm_source=Googleshopping&utm_campaign=Googleshopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuu-x5qXD6QIVUNbACh3VmA3iEAQYBCABEgLOpPD_BwE

http://qtfabrics.com/fabrics/fabric-detail.asp?u=016542727084

DUE DATE:  September 15 to Hostess (send me a message for address if you don’t have it.  
Make sure you include a self-addressed, stamped return envelope.

1.  Wilma Schirra-Kays

2.  Wilma Schirra-Kays

3,  Jean McCusker...received 8-26-20...mailed #9114 9999 4431 3036 7047 27

4. Jean McCusker...received 8-26-20

5.  Annie Lage..Dropped, no response

6.  Connie Wilkerson...received 7-10-20...mailed #9114 9014 9645 1206 2385 95

7.  Melanie Kieth....received 9-11-20...mailed #9505 5100 5533 0262 8844 43

Views: 982

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you. I fixed the name being off center problem

Thank you. I’ll hopefully finish the first set of house blocks tomorrow and be able to start on the trees. My house is on the market and I have to clean everything up at the end of the day. Lol. Definitely cramps a Quilter’s style.  

Wilma I make you another different house so I can get a fountain :). So you will get three houses from me. 

Ok will make you a fountain.  Yes, having ones house on the market definitely interferes with quilting.

I have completed 62 blocks using each of the 2 house patterns and tree patterns

Wow.  Way to go. 

Way to go, Gayle.  They are such fun.  I haven’t made as many as you, but they are addicting.

I am about ready to drop mine in the mail. With my house on the market I think I better mail them so I don’t lose them. Lol

Ok, I will watch for them.  Do you have my address?

This afternoon I appliquéd the last of my blocks.  I felt really smug.  Ha!  Some have my name at the bottom and some have a quilt shop sign on the roof.  The writing used what I thought was permanent ink printed on fabric with my machinery that cuts and scan, etc.  Fortunately, I spritz one with water to iron out a wrinkle.  It bled like mad.  It would ruin anyone’s quilt.  I am glad I found out before you got them, but now I either have to begin all over or try to rip Steam-a-Seam 2 off what I have and re-appliqué signs produced some other way.  Don’t know what I will do.  Only the trees have no ink on them.  I am awfully glad I found out, but bummed that the machine prints only on paper.  It would have been nice if the salesman had explained that little detail to my hubby and I before we bought it.  Now I need to make this confession to all the snow globe ladies.  I hope they have not sewn them already.  Sigh.  “Pride goeth before the...” humble Pie.  

This is all because we are trying to delay surgery on my hands so I quit hand embroidery.

Wow.  Yes, I would be upset also.  You might just try using some permanent ink and write on the blocks.  Hopefully you will be able to remove the steam a seam. 

I’m so sorry Jean. That really stinks. :(

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service