I thought it would be a good idea to have a topic telling us about any new toy,gadget or book that you have for your quilting.  This way, we can keep up with what works and what doesn't.

Me first...

I just received a book I purchased from Amazon.com.  It's titled "Fast Quilts from Fat Quarters" by Barbara Chainey.  And I love it!!.  It talks about cutting  your pieces from a fat quarter of fabric with minimum wastage and maximum number of basic shapes.  Lots of pictures, lots of diagrams.  Great book!   And I bought it for $1.99 (24.99).  Except for one little dog-earred corner, and I had to look really close to even find that, I was very pleased with the condition of the book.  Amazon.com is a great way to get some really fantastic bargains on books you've always wanted but couldn't afford.

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Garnie, thanks for the heads up! I have been buying my school books there but never thought about quilt books, lol! Oh boy, another internet site to stalk!!  : )
Oh, by the way, I guess this really isn't a tool or gaget, but I just discovered that Missouri Star Quilt Company has about 60 tutorial videos on You Tube! Everything from the Disappearing 9 patch pattern to scalloped bindings. All very well done. I'm hooked!
Youtube is my favorite toy to learn how to do anything.  So, yes, Youtube is considered a toy in my book!!!

Odd... I thought I posted here yesterday, but don't see it.  computer gremlins I guess.

I'm not sure you would call this a gadget, but my favorite is Electric Quilt 7.  I just started quilting again a couple years ago and love all the technology that is available today - I seem to get it all, even QBOT for my longarm.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2022   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service