Impossible Mission - September - It's the Small Things that count- Winner - Mary Moore

Ah, September and it is finally cooling down a little.  Our Secret Santa sister's boxes are starting to fill up so it is time to think about some small things to fit into it.  This month's mission is to think of a normal, everyday item and miniaturize it into a cute pincushion.  This should be a pincushion that would look cute sitting on a side table that your SS sister can use while she is sitting and watching TV, and catching up on some last minute sewing.

We have some really creative ladies in our group, so I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Views: 334

Replies to This Discussion

Here's my second pincushion ( l" m looking to gift one for my neighbour in Fla. for looking after my house, and another friend who donated fabric for some of my charity sewing.) These things are so fun!! More of an " every day item, in most households, anyways.l replaced the metal inner lid with 2 layers of cardboard so pins wouldn't hit metal...the filling is pure wool mixed with a little polyester batt. Wool has lanolin which keeps pins gliding smoothly. Batting top & bottom of cushion keeps wool away from surface ( in case of wool allergy). The jar is handy for holding thread, buttons, needle threader etc.

These are also cute.

Adorable chicken pin cushion jars! You are on a roll.

I think these are cute.

Well, I decided to make something different.  A cute bag for my SSS to store her machine cord and pedal when taking machine out (or a project bag) and a cell phone holder to use at her sewing machine.  Answer a call or even watch a YouTube video about a project.

L♡ve the fabric you chose for the bag, Wilma.

Indeed!

Love it! what a cute ideas. I have a sweet friend that made me a cell phone holder and I really like it. It also doubles as an emergency pin cushion. LOL Never thought about a foot pedal and cord bag but that is a great idea also. I am sure your recipient will like both.

Hmm, that is a great idea.  I always need something like this.

Not sure if I can get one done by Monday, but we shall see.  I am working on catching up customer quilts right now, but sure I will need a break.  

OK, Here is my first attempt - may do another or remove the top.  My dh looked at it and called it an alien!  And here I thought I was being clever using blueberry print for the inside....

Not looking forward to removing the top crust - any hints for picking out threads from felt?

OK, I fixed it, I think....

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service