My name is Barbara and I live in a small rural community called Berryville, VA in the Northern Shenandoah Valley.  We are located about 65 west of Washington DC but it might as well be hundreds of miles in activities (murders) and culture (more murders).  Our big news was one of our six town deputies accidently discharged his weapon during a scuffle in front of our only national chain Subway. The Virginia State Police had to be called in to investigate. 

Quilting has been my passion for 20 years.  In 2009 I made a resolution to finish all my UFO's and manged to complete my goal by the middle of 2010.  Now I have two project goings.  One by machine and one by hand.  They will get done before I start on a new project.  Should be by the end of the summer. 

I look forward to seeing many of you around the site.

Barbara

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome Barbara, your town sounds delightful.  I moved from the big city to a small town in northern Mi. and I love the friendly small town atmosphere.  I have been quilting but 2-3 years and I'm enjoying it.

Hi Terry,

Quilting tends to get into your blood and the more you do it the more you quilts you find you "have" to make.  I have  done a couple art quilts and I am planning on leaning that way.  I have made so many bed quilts that I decided enough already.  Keep cool and enjoy your summer.

Barbara

Hi Barbara I am Happy from King George Va about 30 miles East of Fredricksburg Va. Welcome

Hi Harriet,

We are not that far away.  One of my sons lives and works in Fredericksburg.  You must be over close to the Chesapeake Bay.  I love to shop in Fredericksburg.

Would this be the same "Berryville" touted in the new Wendy's commercials advertising their new salad, lol?? I am very inspired by your dicipline to finish UFOs before starting another project. Welcome to Quilt Place. You will love it here!

Thanks for the welcome.  Yes my town is "THE BERRYVILLE" as seen in the commercial.  We missed the picnic so no salad for my husband and me.  My friend, who works for the town said Wendy's had to get all kinds of permits and such.  She was surprised they just didn't do it on a set in Hollywood.  This has to be the most exciting thing that has happened in Berryville since the Cival War.

I am considering doing an art quilt.  I seem to have done all the traditional quilts and want to do something that allows me to break out and just add things that I enjoy and thinks looks good. 

Hi Barbara, my name is Barbara and I too live in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.  It truly is a beautiful place to live.  For those of you who like to shop at fabric stores check out Patchwork Plus in Dayton, VA.
I like Patchwork Plus and WebFabrics in Purcelville.  Once in awhile we will drive to Hagerstown MD to Wilson's.  I like to buy fabric online.  I have so much in my stash that I have cut back considerably.  And WOW is fabric ever getting expensive.  Yikes!!  There is a new quilt shop in Winchester called the Scrappy Apple.  It is a cute shop.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service