I just read "Still Alice" by LIsa Gavin.  It's a quick read and I read it in one day.   I highly recommend it, very thought provoking.

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Sue,

I read this book a few years ago and I too would recommend it to just about anyone.. I have tried to encourage family members to read it but they said it just sounds too depressing to be an enjoyable read. I think you said it best when you said it was thought provoking.... 

unfortunately, I got the authors name wrong, the first name is Lisa, but her last name isn't gavin and  I'm not sure what it is.   But the book was very good and I think it said it was the author's first book.

Hi again Sue,

Her name is Lisa Genova, yes it was her first book. She has published a new one, it is called Left Neglected. I have read it, it's a good read but I personally found it unsettling, I think mainly because the main character is younger and the circumstances she finds herself in are quite common, but again, Lisa Genova manages somehow to really get inside how it feels very vividly.  (I don't want to give too much away in case you buy the book yourself).

Happy reading, what are you reading at the moment?

Anna

right now I am reading a "fluff" book by Rosamunde Pilcher,  "Winter Solstice".   Her books always have everything turn out just perfect.  I will definately look for Lisa's other book.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service