I'm only starting out, so I don't have a huge fabric stash to draw from. When you started out, did you buy fabric quilt by quilt, or did you buy fabrics you liked and then create quilts from what you had? There are so many wonderful things out there, but this can be a really expensive hobby!

I'd love to hear how others have built their stashes.

Views: 2367

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Because just looking at my fabric and its bright colors makes me happy!  

lollollol!!! been wandering in and out of mqp this am while helping, waiting, assisting 'the boss' start his day, do his exercises yada yada yada....

but when i just read your remark sherry..i juat had to laugh. so i logged in today just for you! and your 'happy'. i just needed a little break and so, went up and played in my little closet stash in the spare bedroom. thinking about what i wanted to use on an applique project planned for later this summer when things start to slow down and dh back at work. and of course i tend to wander off course now and again..esp when in wallowing in my small pile of treasure & joy. yes!! looking at all the lovely shades, tones ... florals large & small ... interesting patterns in varities of colors and hues ... makes me smile ...nay...makes me grin! beam!! and at times (like of late) just plain makes me happy and able to turn back to whatever, feeling almost as refreshed as a visit to a spa!

thank you for the smile & chuckle you added to my day!

Thank you so much, "rogue quilter."  I don't get much joy out of my job these days, so your statement just made my day!  I'm glad you understand why I have a stash(of fabric...) Sherry

I agree with you! My fabric makes me happy too.  It is sort of like a "fabric high". lol Fabric and quilting are my drug of choice. They make me happy, make me feel good and when I am feeling stress, it takes away my stress. I can think of much worse addictions. :)

OMG!!! you mean ...moi...missey nursey has an ADDICTION!?!?

lollollol!!

since i will never again experience a runners high, & if i can think of my love of fabric & quilting as a 'high'..i will accept it.

:))

Last fall I had to take a drug test to work in a school. I told them that as long as they weren't testing for chocolate or quilting, I am good. I do have needle marks in my fingers though. lol

Susan, ain't tha the truth!!! i am definitely a chocoholic and fabric junkie!!! ;-)
susan...on the way to tuck dh in last night. got on here to log off...you made me nearly trash my little ipad toy as i almost spewed my bedtime ice coffee!

moral to this lament....don't read any entries while embibing my sleep inducing drug of choice. lollol

....sigh!! yah the needle marks ...hadn't thought of that little piece of evidenc! good thing i am retired now! i might lose my license!

lol Glad I could make you laugh.  :) Laughter is definitely another great drug. :)

oh yeah! you so have that right! lollollol

I love that, "I have needle marks from quiting."  ha-ha!

oh yeah!!! i love to go and quilt in my room on rainy days 'cause i am a sunshine person and beautiful fabric is a good substitution when the skies are gray

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service