There has been some interest in doing a dress block swap. There will be a maximum of 12 participants. Each person will do a dress block representative of their birth month for example, if you were born in July, a patriotic themed dress etc. if there are duplicate months you must willing to switch to a month that is not represented. Your finished block size needs to be 12 1/2 inches. If you would like to participate, please respond to this bread by saying "I'm in!" First 11 responses will be the participants. Blocks will be due to me by May 31. Looking forward to seeing the months!

Below are the months that are already been spoken for.  I am flexible to change my month, so if you want to join, say I'm in and the month you would like of the remaining choices.  First come first served!

January Kathy Gurgone

February Kenya Hampton

March Vicki Bujnak

April Carla J Walton

May Mary-Anne Buist

June Connie Wilkerson

July Wilma Schirra-Kays

August Beth A North

September Jean McCusker

October Mary Aldrich

November Chris Michelle

December Cristin McCusker

Views: 2599

Replies to This Discussion

Chris, that's very attractive.

Beautiful.  I really like this.  It works for me.

Very nice Chris! I have been looking for just the right pattern. Like us g my embroidery machine but thinking I will go with paper pieced this time around. Just not sure yet

Count me in I'll do February.
I'll take June but can be flexible
Hold off on putting me on the list I may have to take a trip up north I just found out yesterday so n may not be back for several weeks.
Are you all going to do the flat style of dress blocks? I wasn't sure if people meant the type that looks like actual doll dresses all gathered and fancy. That looks like so much work!

If blocks like the one Chris shared are okay, I'd like to join in.

My birthday is in November but I have lots of pretty holiday fabric I could make December dresses with.

I am doing flat. it just makes thing more friendly for use.

Good for you!  Now I will at least get to see all the pretty dresses in person.

Will this work or should I look for an applique or paper pieced one

either is fine with me Mary. that is adorable. it matches what I have in mind. my dresses will be polka dot too. :) and the style is similar.

I love this! I was planning on a Flapper dress but I still have no idea if I'm going North to WI at end of month.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service