Hello all,

Would someone please explain what "Charm tacks" are? I see quilting motifs in my magazines, and then there are these small designs, which closely resemble a quilting motif and they're called charm tacks. What are they, and what are they used for?

Thanks so much,


Views: 1275

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a definition of charm tacks that I found on the Quiltmaker's Magazine website (that's the magazine I'm always seeing those in): Try Charm Tacks™, whimsical little shapes casual enough to quilt without marking. Space the motifs a fist's width apart as you would when tying a quilt. Clip the threads after all tacks are done.


Hey thanks!

I get hat magazine also and have never seen a definition for them. So what is the difference between them and motifs? Or am I missing something?

Well, I think they are just minature motifs...sometimes people "tack" their quilts with a decorative stitch, or a button or using perle cotton and hand tying it.  So to me it's a fancy version of tacking your quilt.


Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society




© 2022   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service