Ok ladies it's been way too long since a swap so here we go.
Let's do a flying creatures quilt
This swap will be for beginner quilters and beyond.
SIZE: 12.5 inches un-finished blocks
NUMBER OF SQUARES: It takes 12 blocks for a quilt, make 12, keep one, send 11 in and you will get 11 back. If there are more than twelve we will either all make a extra few to match the signup # or fill out a second group of twelve for those who would like to be in 2 groups.
FABRICS: Bright colors on a white or off-white background. Whatever fits the theme just make sure you use a quilt shop quality fabric ( NO SEE THROUGH FABRIC)
DESIGN: Butterflies or dragonflies or other flying creatures. White on white or pale ivory background. let's make this a usable quilt so take it easy on the embellishments or make sure if you add some that the block can still be washable.
TECHNIQUE: pieced, paper pieced, appliqué or combination pieced and applique .
SWAP METHOD: Centralized. That means your blocks will be sent to me - ( send me a friend request so I can send you my address if you don't already have it.)
POSTAGE:Along with your blocks send me a STAMPED self-addressed FLAT RATE envelope. I will use this to send the blocks back to you.
SIGN UP DEADLINE : July 31st .The goal is to have 12 joiners or more so that you will get back at least 11 different blocks.
SIGN UP: To sign-up post a comment to this discussion and send me a friend request if I am not on your friends list.Once you are signed up I will message you my address and you can do the same through a MQP message. It is a good idea not to post your address in the discussion because anyone, even those not in the swap can see it.
MAIL IN DEADLINE: ALL blocks must be in my hands by August 31st. If you can get them done early, send them!
If you join and can not complete your blocks please notify me as soon as possible so the rest of the group is not waiting on your blocks. If life happens to throw a
curve ball your way it is ok to cancel out, there's always next time! Remember to check back often for info and updates!!
If I have left anything out, or you have any questions, please ask!
1.) Connie Wilkerson *
2.) Mary Aldrich
3.) Gayle Clements *
4.) Carla Walton *
5.) Chef Lisa
6.) Kenya Hampton *
7.) Beth North *
8.) Mary-Anne Buist *
9.) Rebecca Schmitt *
10.) Jean McCusker *
11.) Ginny Andersen *
12.) Cristin McCusker *
13.) Tracy Bloodgood *
14.) Chris Michelle *

* indicates receipt of blocks

Views: 7039

Replies to This Discussion

o.k. fine, laugh it up. didn't Lisa buy something off that same LITTLE RACK ,,,,LOL  i actually remember it. ha! that was a pretty cool rack.

Man my drugs are getting my brain I forgot what I bought! Off that little rack. Come to think of it don't we have some PDF files on Connie's computer?
I'll have to look in my pile that I still have not put away. I did play with some of those inks I got-I love them.

lololol.......i think that was one of the last places we shopped. i think everyone bought something from it....or that vendor. but seems to me that someone got funky cats or dogs too. not sure. 

hey Connie.....have you heard anything from that one vendor with that cool quilting set up? the one that had not yet been released? 

It was one of the last places we stopped.  No I have not heard anything from him :(

Oh, ow, OW, OW, Jean!!! Been there, done that! I burned my finger yesterday for the first time in years! Did it good! We are on a roll, huh?! :c))

Ow, back atcha, Ginny.  Burns are no fun either .  We need to jump off the roll

Got my blocks today. They are great. Can't wait to put them into a quilt, l already have the sashing and border fabric. Unfortunately that wont be today. Only 1 day off work this week, so I have to do responsible stuff like laundry and other chores. Hope everyone posts pix of their final quilts. Not sure about the funky chicken thing, but will keep an open mind, lol.

You go girl!

Don't feel bad Ethelda I do that all the time.

Got my Aunts attic all cleaned out holy cow what a job when it's hot. Didn't find my Uncles Miltary papers. All this time I thought my Aunt was doing their finances and what a mess. I feel super organized now. Each year I put our yearly Ins papers, individual info in a portable that would go with us if we have to leave the house. My Aunt was impressed when I told her that.
My back is killing me! Dave went through three shirts from fiberglass n sweat. Glad that's done!

I am going to miss visiting her in Naples.

Ok ladies, I am about to create another swap page for the funky chickens.  Go to the new page and let me know if you want to be "in".

Hmm Connie I didn't see it yet

I was looking too n haven't seen it yet I have one I drafted the other night with my sons girlfriend she gave me all kinds of ideas.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2022   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service