We are going a little loose this year.  You need to set yourself a goal.  Don't make it to outrageous.  Make it to where it might hurt just a little to attain, yet keep it realistic.  I think we all have been working at using some stash.  This will be fun this year because of all the outside influences on our quilt making.

Views: 256

Replies to This Discussion

Wow!!!!  That is a big push.  Has to feel wonderful to finish so many UFOs.  I am getting a couple tops done, just have to get thru customer quilts first before mine.  

I need to do this.  But I also know that I tend to be very optimistic.  I'll just say that I will try for 50 yards which is probably very doable if I get through several UFO's and a wedding quilt for my granddaughter.  

It is a very doable number.  I will put you down as such.  Welcome aboard the wagon.  

Melanie - 30

Ginny - 30

Gayle - 30

Beth - 50

Pat - 50

Gayle - you're my new hero!  Usually it's Beth or Rianna because they are like machines!  I'm still working on my stash cataloging and cutting.  I have an idea for a quilt using rainbow batiks, but am having trouble cutting into my rainbow FQ bundle.....I've had it for a couple years and it just got the plastic removed!

Thank you Melanie, You made me smile.  It feels good to be someone's hero.  If you don't cut it, can't sew it. :)

Yep, Gayle is right, you cant use it if you don't cut into it.  Time to jump in with both feet and cut that fabric up.

Hi Beth!

Is it too late to be included in this year’s Stashbusting (2021)?

This would be my first attempt at setting a goal towards reducing my out of control stash.

(If I’m not too late getting into the group) I would like to set my goal at 10 Yards.

Thank you for organizing this group!

Elle

Never to late to jump on the quilting wagon.  10 yards it is.  Welcome to the fun adventure of figuring out how to use the stash and not increase it.

Thank you so much, Beth.

This will be huge for me ... if I can actually get to the end of 2021 with a stash that is 10 Yards lighter than it is right now!

I hate to bother you for more details ... but, I was wondering if you have any guild lines (handy) ... that I could follow.  I know that you mentioned that this year’s format would be less structured than in the past.  But, I’m thinking that structure may be just what I need ... at least for the first few months.

Please, don’t go to any trouble ... if you don’t have any of the prior year’s information handy!

I’m just thrilled to be a part of this year’s group!

Thanks again for including me!

Elle

On the Quilting Bee Thread are our past year Stashbusting challenges, but here is what we went by:

As a group, our goal is to get the size of our stash UNDER CONTROL.  

I know that I will purchase fabric this year. Being a Stash buster makes me much more conscious before I add to what I already have. Do I really NEED it? Having to publicly declare a purchase makes me think about it... well for a few seconds, anyway! I am getting better. Little steps, right?

1.   There is NO NEED to count the yardage in your stash!!! (it would be way too scary, anyway!)

2.    You can sell, donate, or give away yardage to count toward your total.

3.   You are allowed to purchase new fabric. Just report that as yardage 'IN'!!!  He%20He.gif

4.   Though it is not necessary to report in every week (you can, though!), regular reporting is encouraged.

5.   We are always glad to see pictures!

The routine has been that I post the previous week's reporting early Monday morning in a chart. Participants respond to that post with their yardage IN and yardage OUT for the previous week. That information then gets posted in the following week's chart. You don't have to respond every week, but please respond regularly, even if just to report that there has been nothing IN or OUT.

The date to start your count of Yardage IN and Yardage OUT is January 1, 2019, or anytime you want to join in the fun.  

Some people count fabric as busted when the fabric is off the shelf and cut, others count once the top is together, and, I would guess, that others prefer to count once the top is quilted. Whatever works for you!

I hope that you have thought about your goal for this year. Realistically, how many yards of fabric do you think you can use up, sell, donate or give away??

The update chart will be posted periodically.

Membership is open to ALL.  Join in at any time you like.

Hi, Elle, please explain a little more about what you mean by "any guild lines (handy)"... are you meaning a plan to follow someone and accomplish some projects? If you mean here on this sight, the UFO and PHD groups are both quite active and the members are always willing to help anyone. If you are talking about a designer outside of MQP, any designer or teacher that  works in a mode that appeals to you is a good one to follow. What quilting techniques appeal to you or that you prefer? We all will be able to suggest some of our favorite designers/teachers to check out! 

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service