This is all about those scraps we have in boxes, bins, tubs, and yes, under the bed. LOL  We all have scraps of one size or another.  If it is bigger than a fat quarter, then not a scrap.  I have lots of fat quarters around.  Those are called left overs and that size goes back into the stash busting category.  Now those smaller ones, those are what we are talking about.  I still have three tubs which are over flowing.  Let us count the quilts we can make out of those.

Views: 427

Replies to This Discussion

When l have small " interesting" fabric bits left over, they go in my " schnibbles" bin to use in applique. Even the cutoff edges from larger appliques with fusable on back go in it.So when it gets too full, l use the strings on dryer sheets, and the odd bits on store receipt tapes for future blocks and sashings.Photos show progression.

Good job Riana!

You are very industrious with your scraps.  

So...I have been cleaning up the scrap pile on my cutting table. I know! It's been a while, obviously! Here are crumbs sewn to build new fabric in colorways. I have a plan, believe it or not! This is scraps to me.

WOW!

Great job, Ginny. Looking forward to seeing a really cool quilt you make with these!

You are so diligent in getting these done.  I like how they flow together.

Oh those give me ideas, but ambition is required....lol, need to get moving.

Store receipt tape is a great idea for string piecing, Riana! I didn't catch that when I read it the first time.

Thanks, Gals! It will take a while to accumulate and sew all the "fabric"  I need for my plan. I do have a couple of other bins that I need to dump and sort through, so that will help. This is an ongoing Leader/Ender thing. I have also been cutting scraps into 1 1/2", 2", and 2 1/2" squares. I am being as ruthless as I can in cutting things up to a more readily useable size. We'll see if my thought process bears fruit. It was getting completely out of control. Those of you with completely organized and tidy sewing rooms would have a coronary if you walked into my space. LOL! 

Since the first of January, I have finished 3 scrap quilts, they were ufos

Splendid.  My scraps keep piling up.  I have tried cutting them into useable sizes, but that is such a daunting task.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service