Inspiring Quilters, Stitch by Stitch
WELCOME TO THE 2019 BLOCK BUSTERS FIUP CHALLENGE!
This challenge will last all of 2019!!! It will be broken into 4 quarters :
FIRST QUARTER :JAN. - MARCH
Carla - quilt valentines quilt top and one other swap block top either pumpkins or Christmas. *Finish the Snowman blocks into a top.
Jean - quilt Under The Sea top.
Mary anne -* snowman blocks into runners.
Connie - finish quiltalong , snowpeople swap.
Wilma - snowmen and Christmas blocks. **
Carri - *
Melanie K. Sgt peppers, tourquoise and choice of swap block
SECOND QUARTER: APRIL - JUNE
THIRD QUARTER:JULY - SEPT.
FOURTH QUARTER: OCTOBER -DEC.
This challenge will have ZERO swapping in it. It is strictly created to try to get some finishes on our swap blocks! You may join in at any time and you can finish any number of quilts or other projects you wish in each quarter but the hope is to complete at least one each quarter!
Here is how it works:
* sign up quarterly. This will prompt you to have accountability!
*make goals!! Be willing to post your goals each quarter and do your best to follow through!
* choose your blocks for the quarter! It can be blocks we have swapped or even ones you have just had setting around forever!
* be prepared! Whether it is scrappy or perfectly chosen have it ready to go. Choose a setting!
*share ideas to help others move forward! Sometimes the hardest part of this is deciding on a setting. Let's help each other by sharing ideas!
* be prepared to post progress and hopefully pictures if you are able!
* the main goal is to get all the way to a finished quilt!! Binding and all! Or if you prefer you may use the blocks to complete some other project such as table runners, place settings or bed runners.
But even if you are only able to get to the quilt top stage at least it's not a pile of blocks!!
************** HAVE FUN!! *************
This is the main thing! When it stops being fun you stop making progress! Lets keep it fun. You never know I may add prizes in here at some point!
Wow it’s a beautiful quilt. Love that border!
Chris, it gets better with every quilt. And Lisa is right the quilt is lovely!
Oh my gosh that is so beautiful!!
Gorgeous, Chris! Remember, we are our own worst critic! The recipients are going to love it!
What a great quilt. That border is wonderful.
That is so pretty. I love everything about it.
Look at the sweet gift Jean sent me! Thank you Jean so very nice of you. Now i have to figure out what i want to do with it when i can :). Thank you so much. You are Very kind.
Beautiful fabrics. Seems like a wall hanging for a sewing room to me...
Wow what a wonderful gift! I’m not a farm fan but I do love those blk n yellows. I’m sure you will have that put together in no time.